But Kenny Britt still isn't our number 1 WR.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

Rolltide, believe me I know that as a long-time lurker of these boards. I on a few different sports forums as well ,and no matter how well your team is doing, or how well they are coached; There will always be the 'our coach sucks'/ 'he is the worst in the league times infinity' crowd. Just the nature of the business.

I am not the biggest "fan" of Fisher either, but I try to be objective as much as possible. His conservative style is maddening at times, but it is also effective. And he does evolve the game plan to the opponent (see dallas game, see today, den, jac) Look at our roster, do we have the best personnel around? Not even close. Yet we are still doing quiet well.
    Our coach must be doing something right. Our running game has been largely ineffective/inconsistent for most of the season and we lead the league in points per game.

It seems to me he catches nothing but touchdowns.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes and it's easy to take a guy who has not done anything and say he is really an awesome stud it's just the coach holding him back. Can't argue with nothing.

I like the contradiction regarding Hawkins. He is an inferior player to Britt and Williams so they play ahead of them but suposedly Fisher only plays the more experienced guy.

So fisher is dumb for playing Britt ahead of Hawkins because he has "mad skills". Skills that probably won't be on display in a titan unifiorm next year.

We could say the same thing about Chris Henry. He's got great speed but Fisher wouldn't let him start at RB. If not for fisher hating on him he would have been a hall of famer. Can't argue with something that never happened.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

You don't have the 1st clue about what goes on at Baptist Sports Park.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Hug each other

[​IMG]

5. nwclark

nwclark Camp Fodder

I am a newbie to this board, but let me say for one, we are luck to have Coach Fish. He is regarded around the country as one of the best heads coaches in the NFL. Do I question his calls, especially regarding VY? Yes, I do. However, none of us know what's really going on behind the scenes. I personally think Britt deserved to be benched the whole game, however, I am REALLY glad he wasn't.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, if Britt's off-field incident turns out to be nothing and he's not starting when Gage comes back, then I will agree with Deuce. Problem is Fisher has stated before that guys won't lose their starting spots due to injury.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

they should lose it when the guy playing below them catches for 200+ yards and 3 TD's

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Ok OK Roll Hawk sucks what about Jared Cook.

Bo Scaife has done nothing special in 5 years.Stevens is just a solid blocking TE but has done nothing.

Fisher is great a coach but his a D first coach he has 0 idea about talent on offense I bet he will sit Kenny over Gage and the ONLY reason D.Willians is playing is because his from USC.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Bo Scaife has done nothing special, but he has also been solid his entire career, and a favorite target for VY.

Oh and if Fish really was that biased towards USC players we'd still have mike williams.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

hahahaha he is biased thats why he give him a chance only him and carrol would or did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar