Buying a bike....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ammotroop, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I only have knowledge of the man powered variety.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

SEC - See I dont think I am like that. I have known to many people who have died, because they were doing STUPID things on a bike. Honestly in the last 3 years, 4 people I know, who decided doubling the speed limit was the thing to do, died. I just enjoy the feeling you get when out cruising. It is exhilarating... and I am hooked to it. A crusier may be in my future, but not yet. They are more expensive than I am looking for, and I just think right now I am more of a sport bike kind of guy.

TBC - I looked a at Buell, but it just feels to small for me. I am 6'0, 195. The R6 fits me like a glove.

Gloat - This dude I worked with is like that. I told him I was getting an R6...and he was like, MAN YOU SHOULD GET AN R1. R6 isnt gonna be enough for you. I just laughed at him. He is about to drop 10K to get the new R1....more power to him.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Get one of these with it or choose a convertible instead. I've seen too many bad outcomes with bikes where it wasn't any fault of the biker.:drool::stars::injured:

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I had a red white and blue 1990 600CBR back in 96 when I was 19. It cost me around $1800 used.. similar to the one below.

My best buddy Jason and I hauled my CBR and his 93 Suzuki GSXR to Panama City Beach during Spring break 97, and he got into an accident while we were there and passed away.

I gave up on bikes then.

[​IMG]

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Thanks for the advice guys, and I respect your opinions. I thought like that for a while. I said I would NEVER ride a bike. Well, my mind has changed. However, I will be extra careful and do everything in my power to avoid accidents.

Pitbull, sorry for your loss. I know the feeling and it sucks.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thanks.. and good luck. Yamaha's are one hell of a bike.
    Hope you enjoy it.

And some brotherly advise.. please try to keep off the interstates... and always wear a helmet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

You looked at the XB12's?
    Interesting that a 1200cc bike would be too small for you. Are you too tall for it or just too big?
    I'll have to go check one out myself. I'm 5'11" ~165. If you're too tall for it, I might be as well.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

No, no, not a XB12.....it was a buell 600, not sure the model. It was just how I felt on it....I felt like it was small.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar