BUZZKILL - Drew Bennett from rags to riches

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

I can't be the only one who defines this guy with this moment. This grinds my gears man!!! Bennett is someone you can just hang so much on whether it's fair or not. What has he done this season anyways? St. Louis is so under the radar they are at the bottom of the deepest ocean. They don't even register on my radar.
    [​IMG]

it's just kinda sad because he'd likely do better back here than he's done there and he'd probably be alot better than someone we have. He got a ridiculous deal. I should really bother to find out about how he's been doing playmaking wise. But I'd rather just tear open an old wound and call him a carpet bagging sell-out! :ha:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He was distracted by the sierra mist ad.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

That is the only way Brew can look, that is why he dropped so many balls that went over his shoulder and right through his hands....

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Man, you aren't. Definately.

I also remember Mac9 telling him how he would still trust him and they would have another chance. That didn't work out real well.

Kinda like when Fisher told Mac9 after the superbowl loss, don't worry we'll be back. Maybe he really said, "We'll be back, just not you Steve"

5. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

bro, why did you have to post that picture from the new england game, thanks for dampering my night

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No- what is sick is two receivers on two different teams each with 4 TD's today. (And one guy is only in half-time).

Drew went for the cash. He was pissed that Givens got so much on his deal- he felt a bit "underappreciated" by Floyd who didn't lock up him early.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gee with his dazzling year I wonder why Floyd didn't lock him up.

Good riddance.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It had nothing to do with bennett's feelings. The titans only offered him about half what the rams gave him hardly a raise on his previous contract. Had they offered him a deal identical to the one givens signed he would have taken it. I think he was surprised he actually got more than that..

Bennett didn't do anything any of us would have done and he counts nothing against our salary cap so why in the hell so much bitterness? Who cares if he makes $10M a year?

Regarding bennett's production he missed 2 games with injury and played a couple more less than 100%. Bulger was terrible the early part of the year and was injured himself. Bennett's per game production is comparable to what kevin curtis did there as a #3 WR..

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Bennett signed a six-year, $30 million contract with St. Louis that includes $10 million in guarantees. :greedy:

I wonder if the Titans would have been better off giving Bennett that contract. :suspect:

I just love the way Drew ran to the Rams of all teams. I think that's who won SB 34... not really sure... :hmm:

oh, and pacman41... the thread is clearly labeled "BUZZKILL". What did you expect?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pacman 41,

This board is awash with negativity and cry baby antics lately. Reaching a new low. Posters saying we should move vince to WR, saying good players suck and a variety of uneducated misinformed absolute bullcrap!

So now 10 games into the season why shouldn't we be talking about how much we hate drew bennett.

My guess is that sec does not like it when people are successful in America unless it is him or a few close friends and relatives. Personally i don't mind it at all.

I also don't like dwelling on one play or blaming one player for a loss. Nobody ever bashed steve mcnair for not getting into the end zone in the super bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar