By releasing McNair,

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've been thinking about that and I wonder if Fisher would be more on the hotseat with a 6-10 team with McNair than 3-13 without him. It would almost be a built-in excuse for another bad season which could save his job.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Good point...definately something to think about. There are a ton of smokescreens floating around titans camp right now. I can see 'em all the way from here (Texas).

3. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Do you honestly believe that a coach of Jeff Fishers status is worried about his job?! If he were fired he would be hired immediately. I don't think the Mcnair situation has anything to do with Fisher's insecurities.

The way I look at it, Mcnair behind closed doors is wanting the Titans to release him or trade him but at the same time working the media to look like the good guy. I can see him not wanting to be in the Mchow sequel (who could blame him after last year?!) and wanting to prove that last year was an aberration. After all he is one of our generation's biggest competitors at the QB position.

That’s just my take on this Mcnair situation. Who knows what’s really going on.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes, thank you. Keep a few million on the side in case. It would only mean we have more next year. Then we can really go after whoever we want. If you can sign Law and still do that, fine. But don't spend it when there's nothing really worth spending it on.

5. if we release Fisher our team will be in a hole forever, we will be like arizona =[

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hear this a lot but I wonder if that would remain the case after three horrible seasons.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They'd see the salary cap purge and use that as justification to hire him.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I stand behind Fisher. I couldn't imagine another coach...

maybe Gregg Williams... :brow:

but I hear he is locked up... ready to take over in DC.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think Fisher and reese are more likely to release McNair to create forward momentum sooner rather than later. Keeping McNair as a starter one more year means 2007 is a bigger ? than it would be if we get rid of him now and give the new QB a few starts/more playing time towards the end of the season and gets some of his growing pains going then. If the young QB just sits, then 2007 is much less secure, and even if this next year isn't going to be a winning season, they can't go into next season still unsure. Maybe they're more ok with letting steve go so by the end of the season we'll be making more progress...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar