By the way

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Erron Kinney is done for the season.

I dont remember if this was mentioned before the downtime.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I was really upset. We could use getting him back. Troupe and Scaife are growing, but not fast enough and Troupe is dropping too many balls. Kinney was a reliable catch, and could always fall forward for two more yards. I hope he's back ok next year.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i too miss Kinney....

and actually I'm tired of our WR's and TE's underacheiving.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Well, you underachieve when you're logically expected to have a good season. With KC as the QB in the beginning and the very raw VY now at the helm, how exactly is anybody underachieving? I know Bennett's stats and TDs would probably be double what they are if Kerry Collins had hit him when he was wide open against Miami. As for Givens, it's hard to underachieve when you don't play. Wade was released by the Bears, a team not necessarily filled with WR talent, and Jones missed almost all of last season with an injury. It seems our TE are underachieving, but remember that it's not Mcnair anymore, and the new QBs aren't exactly TE fiends...

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Forget the TE, we need to go downfield. I'd like to see Vince get one more big name weapon in the WR Corps, even if it is a has been like a Randy Moss, or a has been high draft pick. Someone who puts a little excitement into the aerial attack. but I'd rather just spend that 1st pick on a top flight WR.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Calvin Johnson

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

how is anybody underachieving? let me count the ways...

-david givens was signed to a pretty good size deal and has yet to stay on the field consistently. We know what he is capable of, so him not even being on the field is underachieving...

-last year our TE's were the most thrown to TE group in the league. This year, Scaife and Troupe are not producing at the same rate. Maybe they aren't getting the same looks, but it is a fact they have dropped their fair share. When someone like Troupe doesn't match the numbers he put up last season, that is underachieving.

-Drew Bennett is our leading WR and he is tied for 34th in the league. When a teams #1 WR is not even in the top 32 WR's, he is underachieving.

I would say that Wade is the only one in the WR/TE group not underachieving.

8. Titansfan256

Titansfan256 Guest

Anyone but Terrell Owens. I hope he retires after his Dallas contract is up.

I wouldn't be opposed to us going after a Larry Fitzgerald or a Plaxico Burress.

If I were the Titans, I'd surround Vince with some extra talent now. That goes for the offensive line too. Of course, if they played every Sunday like they did against the Redskins, no changes would be needed!

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

You obviously didn't read my post or you wouldn't have replied... Anyway, here it goes...

Whether you overachieve or underachieve is based on performance. Givens did not get hurt on purpose, nor is it his fault that KC sucks. Givens had Tom Brady as a QB on a playoff team last year. And he was healthy. And it's not like he had 1,000 yards and 75 catches either. You say he's underachieving based on what, the fact that experts said he would be a stud? Come on.

Yes, Troupe has dropped a few, but again, I go back to KC, and even VY now. Young rarely threw to TE at Texas. The fact that McNair threw to TE alot doesn't mean they should both have 30 catches by now. McNair's gone... We are behind in a lot of games, you going to throw short to TEs to try and get back in the game??? You can't go by last year all the time. Different QB, different RB, different offense. And Kinney's not around. Maybe that's having an effect.

So Drew Bennett, who struggled last year, is underachieving? How's that? Based on your expectations again? Sure, he dropped a few in week 1, but has been solid since then. He could have had 3 TDs easy only in the Miami game. Go back and watch, in case you forgot. And then again, I go back to KC. And VY now. Vince is getting 20 pass attempts a game. How many will go to TEs, and Bennett for that matter, you think?

Of course he isn't, he was released by the Bears, and he was a 3rd stringer there!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sledge, if I address nothing else, surely you have to agree that there have been some terrible drops by our receivers? Those alone qualify for underachieving in my book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar