By the way

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

sledge...whats the purpose of using a passive aggressive insult, like you didn't read my post? If I didn't read your post, I wouldn't have replied...

but back to the matter at hand...we clearly have a different view of under (or over) achieving. I do factor in past seasons and current expectations. I'm still not sure what you call underachieving. Please, give me an example of someone underachieving in your book. All I see our excuses (bad qb, injury, different system, etc)...

In my book when you go sign a free agent WR to a hefty contract, and they only play half the games and the games they did play they were a non-factor, they are not off the hook. In my book it makes them an underachiever. By signing someone to a certain contract, you have placed on them an expectation of achievement. If they don't reach that expectation of achievement whether b/c of injury, a poor qb or dropped passes, it is all underachieving...

as for Bennett...he has been our #1 WR all season long...Again, by being a #1 WR there is an excpectation of achievement. According to the stats, our #1 WR (whether it is bennett or happenned to be someone else) is not even in the top 32 WR's in the league, that is underachieving.

In my book when the TE group leads the league in receptions one year and then is almost invicible the next, that is underachieving.

And I said that Wade hasn't underachieved. You agreed, but said it was b/c the bears wr suck? what? he hasn't underachieved b/c he wasn't expected to do as well as he has. The football outsiders rated him as the worst WR in the league last year and he has clearly been better than that. It has nothing to do with the Bears current WR's.

The bottomline is this. Our offense hasn't really been too good this year. Since turning to Vince, things have gotten better. But mostly from a running game standpoint. Our WR's and TE's are still underachieving based on what they have done and are capable of doing and are expected to do.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I too believe too many catable balls have been dropped so far this season. Troupe especially.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

We missed Kinney's blocking. There's a noticeable dropoff without him in there.

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

This injury will pay dividends before the yr is out...................

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ben Troupe is at least 100 times better than Kinney will ever be

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

still my opinion that (if a top shelf player is available) that our 1st pick should be Defensive ...... CB / S (1st priority) or DL (2nd)
    IF noone is to be available that would help tremendously on D, then go ahead and get CJ or TG

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he hasnt proven it consistently.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and Scaife seems to have a better rapport with Vince

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Whatchootalkinabout Bongo?

[​IMG]

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

That wasn't meant as an insult

Larry Johnson, Daunte Culpepper, Antonio Gates, Terrell Owens (yes, even after last week, he's a big mouth who needs to step up or shut up), Shaun Alexander, Lamont Jordan.

OK, you argument makes sense, but I don't consider that underachieving, or at least it's not the term I look for. In this case, I'd use disappointment or waste of money over underachieving

Not from a guy who did not even reach 800 yards last year. Bennett was an underachiever last year, based on his 2004 performance. This year, Bennett is the Bennett he always should have been. Not a #1 WR. He is our ## cuz we have nothing better. If Mason was still here and Givens wasn't hurt he'd be our #3. He's not a #1 WR anywhere. Never was, never will be. I expected what he's giving us now, considering my original points re: Kerry Collins.

On the surface it is. On paper it is. But you gotta look at what's on the field. In my eyes, the TEs overachieved last year. Yes, they may look like they are somewhat underachieving, but in reality, what do you really expect from Scaife, Guenther and Cramer? Troupe is underachieving big time, but not the TEs as a group.

Yes, the Bears WR sucked and yet they still rated him the league's worst WR. So no, he isn't underachieving, he's overachieving...

Regardless, our O will get back to struggling as soon as Piller gets back in there. Let's hope he doesn't...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar