Bye Bye Billick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I agree with RT..
    As much as we Titans fans dispise him, Billick is one of the NFL's better coaches in terms of results. He never really had that much of a flashy roster.. but still they were able to dominate for a few consecutive years.

He just had a bad season.. Jeff has had a couple of those too.
    I still hate him tho. and the other BB as well.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Billick is meant to be known as an offensive genius, something which he failed at in Baltimore.

His defenses were purely on Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan and Mike Nolan. Not him.

He can take credit for what they achieved, but he had no responsibility for those defenses being top 10.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some of those players he had on defense were amazing.

Reed, Lewis, McCallister - There are three top players at their positions already.
    Not to mention Boulware, Sharper, Hartwell, Suggs, Siragusa, Ngata, Gregg and others I can't remember from their Superbowl (gak) team.

4. Billick sucks. He came in as this supposed offensive genius, all because he had Randy Moss at WR with the Vikes. Then he gets to Baltimore and they never once had a good offense. They had Jamal Lewis for a few years of great play, but Billick couldn't pick or develop a single decent QB during his entire tenure.

They always won based on their D. Billick had very little to do with that. Ozzie Newsome drafted and kept excellent players and the good DCs they had did the coaching.

5. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

In my opionon this took too long.....he should have been fired at mid-field after the Dolphins game.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Let me give you the nightmare scenario, he could become a weekend analyst on one of the major networks.

7. That's OK, I basically don't watch any of them already...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar