Byner Keeps RBs Focused on Accountability

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: New Titans RB Coach Earnest Byner keeps his message simple. "I teach mainly accountability, and the reason I say that is I want guys to be able to hold themselves accountable," Byner said. "I don't want to have to continue to prod and push and ask for things over and over, especially when we have guys with the ability to learn." The message is getting through loud and clear. "He wants guys he can count on," LenDale White said. "If it's fourth and 1, are you going to be too tired to run the ball? If your teammates are counting on you to step up, are you going to be able to do it?"

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The more I read/hear from Byner, the more I think he is a great fit for the Titans.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yeah, I loved him as a player (teamed with Kevin Mack in Cleveland), too bad he's remembered for one thing.

4. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

He should be tough on them... we have what 3 potential star running backs? Byner does look like a very good fit for us, the only thing is we need production to give him the credit.

5. TNTitansfan1

TNTitansfan1 Camp Fodder

I think Coach B was a good pick up. Not only does he have NFL experience and he can relate to those guys, he brings another type of winning attitude to our franchise. Even though he has big shoes to fill, which were left by Sherman Smith, hopefully, he can teach these guys what it takes to be a true NFL running back.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Chris Johnson, Lendale White and... Kevin Jones?

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If he can get through to LenDale on accountability, that guy deserves to mentioned in the coach of the year debate. If LenDale works hard all summer AND training camp, damn he can be something special.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

:drool:

That LenDale and CJ could would be incredible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar