C.J. not worrying about future with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Another year, another round of speculation about running back Chris Johnson’s future with the Titans.

A year ago, the Titans opted to guarantee Johnson’s $10 million salary for 2013 early in the offseason after rampant speculation that the team might part ways with the three-time Pro Bowler.

Still with three games left this season, his future with the team is already a topic again.

“Every player on this team is only guaranteed three more games this season, and basically at the end of the day, whatever happens, happens,’’ Johnson said. “All I can worry about is the next game.”

Johnson, whose contract expires after the 2016 season, is scheduled to make $8 million in 2014.

Johnson is scheduled to make base salaries of $8 million in 2015 and $7 million in 2016.

“Of course I want to here,’’ Johnson said. “I signed a contract to be here, so if it was up to me I’ll finish my career as a Titan.”

Johnson has just 820 yards in 13 games this season, and he’s averaging 3.8 yards per carry.

While his numbers are down compared to past seasons, Johnson said he still has what it takes.

“I am only in my sixth year, and I still feel great. I haven’t lost anything, so I still feel I’ll be great. I am just worried about the next game really,’’ Johnson said. “At the end of the day if (I am released), I know it won’t be my last time playing football. I’ll be playing next year.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Leaving one of the bottom 10 teams in the league has got to be agonizing for him to think about...

3. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

people can say what they want about cj. he will prosper on a team with a decent QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. VOLS_n_TITANS

VOLS_n_TITANS Rookie

He will go somewhere with a great coach a great offense of coordinator and everything he will gain all kind of Yards He don't need Much space and he is gone fast speed touchdown

5. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

he just needs a QB that defenses respect. he is the only thing teams fear. they load up against the run. look at touchdown drive with pass to hunter. 2 or three decent runs then play action pass to hunter. everyone bit on run. now if we were known for that threat cj gets more big run opportunitys. i would like to see a stat showing are pass plays fot td his best two years compared to past two seasons. anybody know?

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

All he needs is a good QB, a good line, a good OC and a head coach that knows how to use him and he'll be awesome again.....that's a lot of things he needs to be good! And if I'm not mistaken, when he was holding out for his big contract, he said all he NEEDED was to be paid like a "play maker" because he was an explosive "play maker"

Funny, I always thought that a "play maker" made plays and didn't need so much help to be good. I don't know...maybe I'm mistaken but I would think a $50 million "play maker" would be the guy that creates a spark on a team on his own and didn't just curl up into the fetal position as soon as someone thumps his big toe...lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Makes more sense for him and us, that he takes a 50 percent pay cut IF THE NEW COACH wants him! Good for the cap and better than what he gets we cut him WIN WIN WIN for all

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

This is coming from someone who is not a big fan but, good luck CJ. I hope you can find a team with a decent OLine.
    If my math is correct, it's tough to pay $1,200.00 per yard!

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I am fine letting him go, if new coach wants it. You guys are really smart on here, answer me this have we run a toss sweep once this year? If so when and how many times? With a back like him is that not the goal line play? Or something that should be run more than once per game?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

its all about the $$$$$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar