C.J. rushes for 91 yards, praises offensive line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Henry would have had 500 yards!

2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Somehow we're managing without Eugene Amano?!? *GASP* Let's be real though, those holes were huge for whatever reason, probably mostly due to the Steelers D being old and crappy. Velasco is playing center right?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He hesitated when a clear seam was there. If he hit it hard from the point he touched the football, every carry, he has a much bigger night. He left a lot of yards on the field.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

Whats the point of this thread? Obviously the only way any running back has a chance to do well in this league is if the line makes room for him to run. Is it better for a running back to take all the credit? He is being being humble. The second he gets (if) traded to another team with a better line y'all will miss him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

There was one run where he got in the open field and had one defender to beat, I think it was his 13 yard run, where he was jogging, looked right, look left, before finally deciding to accelerate before getting tackled, and I'm pretty sure every Titan fan watching was thinking "omg, there's the hole, just hit it and go!"

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

CJ looked great to me last night. Hit the hole hard, made players miss. His cuts were on point!

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I love how armchair coaches expect the players to see everything from a birdseye view when they're playing...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

On that particular run, I agree with you. CJ might have taken it to the house if he just accelerated fully when that opening was there. I really believe that will come with more consistency with the run blocking though. CJ just needs to get full confidence in the offense imo.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He often acts as if he anticipates contact immediately which might be due to no confidence in the OL or, I wonder if CJ knows he's lost a step and won't be able to make someone miss like he used to.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:cj: dont even know hes pretty real terruble at music. :cj: is probably tone deaf too his loss of speed as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar