C.J. rushes for 91 yards, praises offensive line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

lol everyone here is an armchair coach, some are just better at armchair coaching than others. ;)

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I don't know man, with today's music standards, don't be surprised if he ends up making a hit.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

CJ seems to say the right thing quite a bit. And when he criticizes the offensive line he's correct. "“If I’m not doing what I have to do and they’re doing what they have to, it’s not going to work. And if I’m doing what I need to do and they’re not, it’s going to work either. So we need each other."
    That's spoken like a true teammate, wouldn't you say?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

theres $53m in CAP that says :cj: dont believe it

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

yeah yeah sure sure buddy.....And next week when he has a 8 yard game he'll be back to his greedy ways of giving up...

you guys really need to pick a criticism and stick to it.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Actually... the primary criticism I've heard about CJ is the same that I'm STILL hearing - he hesitates or simply makes that wrong decision.

Don't get me wrong... compared to what he was doing at the beginning of the season, he's improved vastly. But, he still hesitates a bit - and that hesitation sometimes means that 6 yard run could have been many more.

Good example I saw of this was a 8-9 yard run he made. It was a great run! However, he hesitates, becomes indecisive... slows down to get behind a blocker that is leading him into the secondary - but in doing so, slows down so the defender that isn't being blocked tackles him.

I mean... had he not hesitated and continued his momentum in the direction he was heading, he would've outrun the one player and gotten many more yards - maybe even a "homerun" run.

He's better, though. His decision-making isn't what it used to be. Not sure what it is... maybe his instincts were better his first few years and he didn't have to think about it. He thinks about it now and it's not always working for him. Glad he is taking what is there, though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

LOL yeah. He's improved VASTLY. Great insight there.

CJ's been running like this for what? His whole career? How long have you been coaching runningbacks? 30 minutes?

You guys are dense. Time to open your eyes and see the trend between quality of offensive line and rushing yards.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Alright, so f you. You just proved you're strictly a CJ-jock sniffer.

I gave CJ props and some honest criticism... but instead of acknowledging it, you pretty much attack me.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Also, they showed a run from the forst game that he had a hole... but he made a poor decision and hesitated, instead of running through it - like the "old CJ".

Now... why is that?

I know the line has been having issues... but when the hole is there, why wasn't he able to take advantage? Could have at least turned a 20(or so) yard game into a 30 yard game.

His decision-making doesn't seem to be as "easy" for him as it used to be.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My criticism of CJ has remained consistent. He's lost explosiveness and often is tentative.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar