C.J. says he underestimated holdout impact

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

In a couple of interviews during training camp, running back Chris Johnson has admitted that his struggles last season humbled him. He expounded on those remarks on Sunday.

“I never really questioned myself, but it was a situation where I thought that — even though I was holding out – that when I got back that I would be able to just jump out there and be the best, be better than everybody,” Johnson said. “But the situation is that that you can’t do that in a league like this when everyone is working and trying to be the best out here, too.”

Johnson flashed some of his old form against Tampa Bay on Friday, looking quick and explosive in carrying 10 times for 46 yards and two touchdowns. But Johnson isn’t ready to say he’s all the way back just yet.

“No, I can’t say that (everything is fine). It’s still the preseason, but it shows you that we’re taking steps and working on toward trying to get it back,” Johnson said. “The real test will be when New England comes in here. Right now we just working hard and trying to get better every day.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

See, this is almost exactly what you want to hear from a star player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am amazed at his personality. I always expect a loud-mouthed, arrogant guy who doesn't give a crap.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

a
    agreed

now if he was not so selfish and didnt hold out every other year it might mean something.

Put up and shut up CJ

and yes I know he was answering the question asked.

5. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Find it odd CJ says this after a decent pre season game. it's just his ego speaking. We will see if this carries into real games.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Hold out every other year? What are you talking aobut?

DW is a lot better at hyperbole...

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

That's because that's how many Titans fans portray him. Why? I don't know.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ knows Tampa sucks vs the run, he's just covering his butt for when he has a bad game. But he did look really good vs Tampa. Then again, so did all our RB's.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

In some situations (Revis, MJD) I would agree with you.

With CJ, it was on the front office. They should have agreed to pay him much sooner than they did, and last season wouldn't have happened.

10. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

It honestly sounds like CJ is starting to mature and actually own up to his own mistakes. That should only be seen as a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar