C.J. sees progress for rushing offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think its fair to say he sucks, I don't think its right but I don't think its wrong either. He shown that he clearly has the ability, but I think its his decision making that was killing him. Maybe he is now trusting his blockers more, but he looked much MUCH better last night. I hope he sees what I think he was doing wrong and keeps it up.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Sure it's fine for someone to have an opinion, and it's fine and completely accurate to say he was nowhere near his potential and the player he should have been last year, but how is it not wrong to say the guy that has the most rushing yards in the NFL since he was drafted at 4.8 YPC "sucks"?

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't really know what your post means.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am not one to say that his past few years should carry on to today, especially after last season. He was very fortunate to hit 1,000 yards last year. Its a what have you done for me lately kind of game.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

That's true, I guess he needs to prove himself all over again and I guess that's his punishment for holding out and thinking he doesn't need to practice or go to training camp. Shouldn't be a problem anyway if he plays how he looked so far this year.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well, it looked like for the longest time we lost our #1 running back, you don't want to give up on a guy you are paying so much and is still very young. I know his speed is not the same, but he is still a very fast guy.

I have been saying he sucks for awhile. I never really believed he lost his physical tools, but his issues were mental. But from one preseason game, it looks like he is fixing it. Or it is getting fixed, because I think it was more than one issue.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think it was a combination of CJ, the O-Line, and missing camp last year. That's all behind us now. He's always been a guy who's needed to get into space to be effective. The issue's been that he hasn't been getting in space. We knew what we drafted when we picked this guy. He's only overperformed every since.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

2011 was 'over perform' in your opinion?

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Johnson and the OL looked really good last night and hopefully they can carry some of that into the season. I'm going to hold off calling our running game fixed for a few more weeks though. We had six games last year where Johnson abused weak run defenses in order to get 120+ yards only to see fall flat on his face next game.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Probably his worst mistake. Think about it...CJ and Blount? Great tag team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar