Calico Still Hampered with Injury and Inconsistency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As WR Tyrone Calico enters the final year of his contract, he finds himself fighting for playing time. According to Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, Calico still isn't 100% from a calf injury he suffered last season. "Well, he’s working. He’s still not 100 percent over the calf injury," said Fisher. "He’s working hard and finishing most of the practices. What I hope to see from Tyrone (Calico) is that he will start to separate himself from some of the other receivers. He’s got the running ability, the hands and the play making ability to do that. He needs ample time and opportunity to do that and he has to do that." Fisher also pointed out that Calico still isn't consistent enough to be counted on. "He is still inconsistent," Fisher continues. "The more balls he catches the more consistent he will be. Consistency in practice is one thing. An issue with Ty is a consistency in games. He’s got to carry over practice to the field."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Translation: he may barely make the squad this year but unless he has over 40 receptions Bye Bye. Man- the 2003 draft class has been a REAL disappointment.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Was Fisher referring to the calf injury from last season? I can't imagine how that could still be lingering on.

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

He tweaked the calf in OTAs as well

5. TitanJeff

I hope this isn't one of those chronic things like we see with some players and hamstring injuries.

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I think ty and rich gardner will be pleasant suprises to us all this year....

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I kind of feel for the dude. Ever since the cheapshot horsecollar tackle by Roy Williams in the Dallas scrimmage a few years ago....he's pretty much sucked. I think he was going to break out that year.....

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He's had the drops his entire career. I don't think he makes the squad this year.

9. i hope that he does, i really want to see him do well

10. TitanJeff

I think Calico's contract makes him all but guaranteed to be on the final 53-man roster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar