Calico Still Hampered with Injury and Inconsistency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Soxcat, Fisher has proven time and time again you can't believe a word out of his mouth

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Calico has strained his Schfino

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i hope i can still sell my signed calico card for enough money to buy some chips.

4. TM

TM Starter

I think Roby in particular would have some trade value. He's looked good.

Roby and Orr look like clones to me.

I'd like to see us balance the roster out a little bit. We've got an extra WR, TE and RB and all of these positions are in demand on the open market. We could use another OL and CB.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What would a guy like Roby bring on the market? Assume he looks good early in the pre-season.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

7. Nash

Nash Starter

Heard an interesting discussion yesterday on Sirius... basically saying that some teams (not Calico specifically) draft great athletes and hope to make them into great football players.. it doesn't usually happen...more often than not they become average football players and that appears to be the case with Calico

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Yep, it started way back with that guy...was it Bobby something? Anyway, he was an Olympic quality sprinter. Sometimes you can get some use out of them, but in the cap era, you can't afford to keep a guy on the team just so he can run fast on certain plays. You need football players.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I remember in the 80s when it was Renaldo "Skeets" Nehemiah- Olympic hurdler/sprinter.
    [​IMG]

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I consider it more of a tie breaker, but I don't like when it vaults you a few rounds in the draft. I don't trust that. I'm more of a football player guy myself. I figure all that athletic talent would have translated to football plays at some point in your life before the nfl draft. And if it hasn't, then forget you. Nehemiah actually wasn't all that bad. He did average 18 yards per catch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar