Call me crazy.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. wow.. Vince is good and Vince will get better.. I like Vince.. Im just not going crazy like alot of people are lately.

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

believe the Hype

3. Nine

Nine Starter

See, that's what makes him so exciting. We should still be seeing a number of stupid, huge mistakes every week....and they're just not there.

Every QB makes a boneheaded play once in a while, and rookies are the worst. Sure, Vince has made his share of head-slappers in the last few weeks, but no more than you'd expect to see from any other QB, regardless of experience.

What's more, he's consistently making plays that other QB's can't make....not just here and there, but week in and week out. Sure, he's had his bad days....but they are far outweighed by games that border on spectacular. Literally record-setting performances.

I believe that generally speaking, a player's rookie year gives a good indication of that player's essence, and you can usually pick out the guys who will turn out to be something really special.....and Vince Young clearly belongs in this category. (By the same token, I question whether Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers will ever be anything more than better-than-average QB's in the NFL....neither has demonstrated any real spark.)

When was the last time a rookie QB stepped in and performed so magnificently at such an early stage? Not just as a caretaker, but as a playmaker, and the focal point of the offense....Dan Marino, perhaps?

The scary part is, as much as Vince has improved, he still hasn't reached that "second year jump"....the point at which the player digests everything he learned as a rookie and takes that experience into his second year. His critics are fond of saying, "Wait till next year, when defenses have film on him...they'll know how to handle him." Well, that sword cuts both ways....Vince will have those same films, and he'll be better prepared to attack those defenses where he has struggled this year.

Vince Young is one of those very rare talents who presents a game-altering presence from his very first year. They don't come along very often....Randy Moss, Dwight Freeney, Jevon Kearse, Micheal Vick, etc. The difference is, Young handles the ball 60-70 times per game, and has already demonstrated more poise, confidence, and leadership than Vick possessed at any point in his career. The kid is something special.

Vince obviously has his critics; these are generally people who have a very narrow perception of what a quarterback should be, and Vince doesn't fit their mold. According to these naysayers, Vince will never be truly successful until he stops running around and becomes another color-by-numbers pocket passer. (Hi, Merrill!) Personally, I think Vince is the guy who's going to break the mold, and prove that a dual-threat QB can win championships in the NFL.

Of course, only time will tell....but I'll say this much: from what we've seen thus far, my position is a whole lot closer to the truth.

4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Well said

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

You just went 'WoolfolksUncle' on us.

:crazy:

6. Where is WoolfolksUncle anyway, haven't seen him around in a long time...

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

BTW, What ever happened to him? I guess he realized that his nephew isn't really NFL material.. I hope Woolfolk saved some of the money he got when he signed his contract.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He was permanently banned I think.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

\he's still here (i bet)
    he's just using a different handle
    :grrhee:

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

If only we had a defense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar