Call me overly optimistic, but I think we beat Seattle ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by edward nigma, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Their young quarterback hurts teams when he is running. His scrambling ability gives teams fits (see the Texans game). I have confidence that we will gameplan accordingly on defense. (Their system is similiar to the Texans, except they don't have Andre Johnson).

They can be run on allowing 109 yds/g at a 4.0 per carry clip. Now I know Kansas City gave up slightly more rushing yardage and a higher per yard carry, but they ran a 3-4 and Seattle runs a 4-3. It has been noted that our interior lineman have had trouble getting to the second level. I think this game we be a change for the better. It is easier to move a stationary object sitting right in front of you than having to hit a moving object.

Consistent short passing game (their cornerbacks are very effective when trying to go deep on them), slow down Marshawn Lynch (because I don't think we will stop him) and no turnovers. 19-16 TitanUp.

I am being optimistic, but very realistic.

Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

No chance we beat them. As long as Bilbo Loggains calls the same nauseatingly predictable game we'd be lucky to score 10 points. Besides Wilson will run for 100+ yards against us.

I believe we have personnel to match them but our coaching staff is just far too inferior.

• High Five High Five x 11
  3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

4. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I agree, but they might surprise us.

As long as Fitz doesn't believe he is Peyton and takes what they give us I think we will be fine.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We'll have to run the ball to win. No way we're going to be able to pass on that secondary. If last game is any indication of how we will run the ball this game could be ugly.

Also, they may be 4-3 in theory, but they show a lot of 3-4 looks. Lots of guys moving around.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

You're optimistic. We have a slim chance to win, but I'll give it a 10% chance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mdfan

mdfan Starter

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

With Locker, yes, we would have a very good chance of beating the Seahawks.

With Fitzpatrick, no, we do not have a very good chance of beating the Seahawks.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is definitely a winnable game, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

HeadonaSwivel is right about Loggains though. He's really the key to us having a chance in this one. We pretty much know the defense is going to do their job. But Bilbo has to come with something other than his usual lame @$$ "football offense 101" set of plays. That defense is too good and too talented. We've got to get creative in this one.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Bilbo Loggains...:biglaugh:...good one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar