Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Callahan threw Superbowl vs Bucs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ghost, Jan 22, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,558
    Dont know if you guys seen this....

Dont know what to say other than its hard to believe it was intentional.....
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,504
    Just an old bitter receiver
    Gunny, Ensconatus and RavensShallBurn high five this.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,095
    There is absolutely no chance a head coach would throw a Super Bowl. Ridiculous.

That's every coach's dream (not CJ) and to even suggest this is beyond stupid.
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,669
    It is noted that the line calls were identical to grudens that year so the Tampa defense knew everything that was going on at the line....
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,504
    Besides that Tampa D was INSANE, one of the more underrated ones of all time IMO. Coupled with Alstott in his prime and McCardell, makes for a solid team all around.

That Tampa team was one of my favorite teams of all time.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  6. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,558
    I can believe Callahan was stupid. Pretty obvious if he changes the game plan 48 hours before kickoff....its hard to believe he threw it on purpose. For a chance to hold that title up I would probably push my grandmother down a flight of stairs. To hell with loosing just to help a friend and spite Al Davis. The man would have got some serious dough for winning as well.

I like Tim Brown but if hes gonna lay down those kind of accusations he needs proof and support from his old teammates.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  7. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,198
    Extremely hard for me to believe. What coach would purposely throw away a chance at being a "Super Bowl Winning Head Coach"?

I'm with Scarecrow, sounds just like a bitter former player making excuses.
  8. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,558
    Of course there is the theory that former Titan QB Neil O'Donnell was paid by Jerry Jones to toss the Steelers superbowl against the Cowboys. I have heard that for years.

Hard to believe seeing how he is a sports guy on channel 5 now....but it was Jerry Jones. That guy would sell his soul for another SB.
  9. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $11,387
    I hate when people say "I'm not trying to say x happened, but x happened". If you're gonna insinuate something like that at least have the sack to say it with conviction.
  10. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,819
    Crazy people do crazy things. If Callahan hated Al Davis enough, then denying him a SB would certainly be a thing a crazy person would do and get great pleasure out of doing it. Much stranger things have happened.