Callahan threw Superbowl vs Bucs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ghost, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I was listening to Gannon on his talk show on sirius nfl radio. He basically called Rice and Brown out as liars. Changes in game plans happen rather often and there was no team meeting where he supposedly changed the game plan late that Friday. They were let go to do their own thing around 3 in the afternoon, thats when the center went awol to Mexico no one had an idea where he had went till after the game. He still has all of his notes and what not from that week and if anyone is to be blamed its not just Callahan but he himself would take some of the blame for throwing the picks. That game will always haunt him.

It all sounds like a big mess to me. A team that was just not prepared enough for that Tampa defense.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Skip Bayless@RealSkipBayless
    If in fact Callahan changed gameplans 2 days before SBowl, maybe Al Davis ordered it, saying, "We just crushed Titans throwing. THROW IT!"

3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

No they didn't crush us. That crap running back John Simon, Fisher liked so much killed us. How many fumbles did that kid have in the game.. 2? 3? His name is not even allowed to be mentioned in my house. Even though it is stenciled on my "wall of shame" in my Blue Room.

Although he may have done us a favor by not sending us to Tampa against that Defense - Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, Warren Sapp, Greg Spires, Simeon Rice, Rhonde Barber.... easily one of the best defenses if not the best defense to set foot on a field in the last decade.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I can verify that post, I think I was about to get killed when I mentioned his name.....

5. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

Zack Crockett disagrees with Brown and Rice too. He says that tweeks were made to the game plan because of the center missing.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I beleive that Tim Brown beleives this. And I can beleive it. The game plan and play calling by the Raiders is easily the worst I have seen in my 25 years following the NFL. It went beyond bad play calling and to me looked like the Raiders were trying to throw the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar