Calling My Shot

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by XO, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

1st Round Pick:

[​IMG]

Congratulations @Fry

Hear me out, I see it in the works.

It is looking like we will be drafting 1-3 leaving us in position to take a QB.

Give Tampa the #1 pick and Mariota.

Leaves Jets, Oakland, Jacksonville and Tennessee tied for the next handful of slots.

We are currently #2 with the Jets and Jaguars coming up.

Oakland and Jacksonville are set at QB for the near future even if they jump Tennessee.

We really only need to be in front of NY or TB to have a shot at Mariota or Winston.

I'm assuming Mariota is off the table even though Jason Michael spent time working with Alex Smith who some compare to Mariota.

Next QB, Jameis Winston

6'4 230 big guy with a strong arm. Has the ability to move in the pocket and avoid pressure. He can keep a defense honest with his legs but his game doesn't depend on his legs. He has been compared to another QB Whiz worked with on the field and off...

Whiz can't afford to go into the 2015 season with Zach Mettenberger as the starter. If the Titans turn is a similar performance next year he is out the door in December and he knows this. Mettenberger's numbers have not been horrible but he is hardly tearing it up out there. He is average and gets hit more than Jake Locker.

One thing drafting Jameis Winston does, buys Whiz time. Starting a rookie QB in 2015 probably buys you time through at least 2016.

At the same time you reignite the fan base a bit. Fans love a new QB. You bring the fans back a little, maybe win a few more games. Winston brings an entirety new personality to the team that we probably haven't seen since VY but they are not comparable outside of that.

Bottom line, Whiz isn't hanging his career on Zach Mettenberger.

#1 XO, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    XO
    This message by XO has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 7
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't want it to happen but I do agree that the odds of it happening are increasing and would probably turn into a guarantee if he were to flip the switch and light it up in the playoffs.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

That's my feelings, I don't necessarily want it but it just looks like things are lining up.

Numerous mocks around the net have us taking Winston suddenly. Many are down on Mettenberger after the injury and numbers he put up. Add in the fact that he didn't win a damn game.

I think Mariota/Oregon puts FSU out in January further boosting the Duck to #1.

I think Jameis gains serious momentum leading up to the draft with his workouts, combine(maybe) and pro day.

Think the Titans go QB at 1-3. With Mariota gone, Winston is the guy.

Size, arm, speed and just wins.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Troy Aikman went 1-15 as a rookie. Peyton Manning went 3-13 as a rookie.

Stop with the ridiculous reasonings of "Mett didn't win a game, so we have to take a QB in the 1st!" garbage. This team is god awful, and if you think there are other QBs that could win behind this OL (and the rest of the scrubs on both sides of the ball) then you haven't done a very good job of evaluating where we are as a team.

Jameis Winston is complete and utter ass... People talk upside with him all the time. What is this upside? He is a genuine idiot who sucks ballsacks against any decent college competition... and even sucks ballsacks against crap competition at times. He is the next Geno Smith/VY in terms of playing ability, but to make matters worse he is a terrible terrible person.

Talented, yes. Rapist, yes. Loser, yes. Idiot, yes.

The cons of drafting Winston way outweigh the pros. High risk, low reward. Stupid pick.

This is the draft pick that just might do me in as a fan. My heart can't take it.

Boost his football and general IQ, take away the rape, crab legs, **** her in the *****, and give him the ability to make smart decisions on the football field rather than turning the ball over three times in one quarter and hey maybe it wouldn't be such a bad pick. But that's a lot to ask for, and he is stuck in perpetual stupidity.

We are pretty much the laughingstock of the league at the moment. Although we have been spared a bit since most fans have forgotten we exist.

Draft Winston and we will immediately become the official laughingstock of the NFL in the eyes of all players, coaches, analysts, and general fans of the league.

• High Five High Five x 8
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd walk away as a fan, I would have rather had Manziel back there than this guy.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

If that happens I would go to titans stadium and burn all my titans possessions....I suspect I wouldn't be the only fan to do so. Want this only if you want the franchise to be moved to another city in 5 years. Death of the franchise. XO, we often disagree but keep it friendly, but this is the worst thing that could happen.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Guys I'm just saying it is a strong possibility. I'm not even a fan.

You have to look at this through the eyes of Whisen**** and Webster.

The numbers on Mettenberger do not warrant handing him the keys to the franchise in 2015. Whisen**** AND Webster will likely be unemployed next December if if the Titans turn in another 2 - 4 win season. They have to realize this.

Whisen**** is a smart guy, he also likes shuffling in QB's like a mad man. He isn't sitting back through the 2015 season with Mettenberger holding the keys to his job.

If one of these QB's grade high and the team is in a position to draft them I'm thinking they do it.

The only win I see is if they end up picking 2nd and somebody like NY really wants to move up and grab a QB. We get some extra picks, can wait until round 2 or 3 to take a QB and everyone looks like a genius.

If Tennessee is sitting there with both or one of these QB's sitting on the board and the phone isnt ringing, I think it will be hard for them to pass on them.

I wouldn't burn my stuff but if he busted I'd want every person from Webster, Whiz to the guy who mixes up the Gatorade fired so hard that their grandkids will be eligible for unemployment.

8. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

If we were dead set on qb this draft im taking mariota over winston. Personally i want neither.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Sure I mean if you want another stint of maybe 1-2 good years followed by 3 years of a circus followed by 4 more years of purgatory then fine, do this.

VY 2.0, except worse.

**** that.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Boring Boring x 2
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Ok, you named 2 good QBs who had a slow start. A lot of sucky QBs also had a bad start, and stay bad. No reason why mettenberger should even be in the same conversation as these two. Under mettenberger, we have been competitive in zero games.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar