Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Calzaghe vs Hopkins

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Childress79, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    Pavlik would wreck Joey C...
  2. stylistic561 Guest

i think so too
  3. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    What Pavlik did to my boy Miranda was ugly with a U.
  4. desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Moolah:
    $0
    What other way has he got of showing aggresion? Is he to bring a baseball bat to the ring? He's hardlly likely to be throwing Overhand lefts is he?And i suppose hopkins style of boxing is good? Stand back, retreat,hold,headbutt,elbows and phantom low blows to get a rest from a fight your losing? . The pitter-patter seems to work well. Just ask Jeff Lacy,He ended up looking like the Elephant man after Calzaghe had finished with him.
  5. desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Moolah:
    $0
    Because it was in America. To state the obvious,if that fight had taken place in any other country it wouldn't have been and you know it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    Calzaghe's Welsh you antipodean fool.:moon2:
  6. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129

Just because he's beaten a 43 year old Hopkins and a former prospect in Lacy, who was exposed as a complete flop since, doesn't make me impressed. I knew this fight was going to be a horrible exhibition, because I hate watching Hopkins with ANYONE lately (although his legacy is premier).

Anyway, I never judge fights only with aggression. I was never trained that way in GG either, but it's all too common in the amateurs. I will give Joey C that he always comes in great shape (I've researched his training regime in the past), and he can take a punch well. But his style is horrible to me.

I wish all sorts of success for Calzaghe pitter-pattering his way to victory, just never ask me to pay money to see it (thankfully, when I have watched his fights, they've all been free or online).
  7. Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Moolah:
    $13
    Scheiße, You had me running for the dictionary on that one.:ha:
  8. Kid Gloves Guest

^ Same here. :ha:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    Awesome:grrhee: