Cam Newton and another statistical first..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.catscratchreader.com/201...-nfl-history-again-2011-carolina-panthers-nfl

Looked it up myself and no QB has thrown for 4000 yards and rushed for 500 or more. Daunte Culpepper in 2004 had his best season in which is threw for 4700 yards with a 110 rating and rushed for 400. In 1988 Randall Cunningham threw for 3800 yards and rushed for 600.

This year Cam Newton is on pace to throw for 4200 yards and rush for 700.

One word, sick.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5-9 record as a starter and the Panthers have only won one game in which Newton has attempted 30+ passes(the monsoon game against the Jags in Gabbert's first start).

Great fantasy stats though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You've got to give credit where credit is due.

He might win rookie of the year and have one of the best rookie QB seasons ever. If he continues to improve he could be elite. You can't pin all of the losses on Cam. If they didn't have him they'd be sucking for Luck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Damage control.

Too late, you were wrong. The guy is an unstoppable beast running the ball near the goal line. 30 Tds, 18 turnovers. Damn good for any rookie.

Since you want to nit pick stats 25% of his ints came in one game(Lions) where his defense was nonexistent.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Peyton Manning went 3-13 his rookie year, just sayin'.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another interesting stat about Newton is that he has no lost fumbles while running with the ball. His 2 lost fumbles came while being sacked. So 13 rushing TDs no lost fumbles running. That includes this mishandled snaps.

He is playing at the same level that Mcnabb played in his third season and Mcnair played in his 4th season. And he has numbers either ever reached in their careers.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Other rookie QBs with losing records..

Troy Aikman 0-11

Jim Kelly 4-12

Warren Moon 3-13

John Elway 4-6

Joe Montana(First 2 seasons) 3-6

I guess a team drafting 1st had the worst record for a reason.

Game

Set

Match

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Kids a bum, give me Dalton/Ponder/Locker over him all day every day. He literally looks retarded throwing the ball, then steve smith makes the craziest adjustment you'll see, catches it, and everyone jerks off cam.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Well the Panthers had a huge lead in that game until Newton threw a handful of picks and let the Lions get back in it and sCam had the opportunity to tie the game with a TD drive with about 2 minutes left and threw another pick....

He throws a great deep ball and screen pass, everything else is scatter-shot just like in college.

I give Ron Rivera and Rob Chudzinksi credit for putting him in the shotgun over half the time to put him in a position to succeed. Too bad you can't generate a consistent running game that way and Newton can't win games through the air.

It will be interesting to see how defenses adjust next year.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

How people call him a bum is absolutely insane.

I guess it's because of his record, huh? Well, I also guess he plays defense too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar