Cam Newton offered 1 million to take a lie detector test.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by XO, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My observations and Marvin Austins comments. It may not be 75% dead on, but it's over half. We're not talking about schools up north or out west, we're talking about the JV NFL better known as the SEC. It not longer stands for Southeastern Conference, but now Secret Exchange Commission.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The SEC breaks every other recruiting violation, so why not?

It's sad that the conference HAS to cheat just to keep up with each other. Constant oversigning, paying, etc... never stops. It's almost just understood that they cheat because they "all" do... but no one brings that up when they win an NC game. Gotta love the typical sports fan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right and a school like Ohio State would never break the rules. :rolleyes:

Why would things be different anywhere else? Teams are competing in their conferences for the best players so corruption exists everywhere.

SMU has never been an SEC school but they got the death penalty for violations. Colorado and Oklahoma have been busted.

A study in the last decade found that half of all schools had violations. Here is a list. Brigham Young is even on it! Click on the table on the bottom. Most of the schools listed are not in the SEC.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/...l_bowl_subdivision_for_major_rules_violations

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Screw off with that crap! Like big 10 teams don't offer cash, cars and sex to prospective players?

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Thank you Tide
    Deuce is straight trolling at this point. He can't possibly believe that crap.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Ohio State is the only dirty player in the big 10. If every program was run like JoePa's.. College football would be a better sport.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's hilarious coming from a Michigan fan where they have to have extra illegal practices and still suck.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not saying other conferences don't adjust the rules to get better players, I'm saying it's more prevalent in the SEC because there's more pressure on each school to win. Football is religion in the south, not so much in New York, Illinois, or Michigan. Schools within those conferences are perfectly happy winning 6-7 games. And do you know why more SEC schools aren't turning up on lists such as the one you provided? Because they're getting better at covering things up. I love the SEC, wish I had a chance to go to Tennessee or Georgia. I went to a far less prestigious college, and even there, here in Connecticut, they make things happen to get their guys. My high school had doctors "make things happen" to get players. There's so much going on behind closed doors that very few people realize, it's bananas.

9. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Nope, all we get up here is discounted tattoos.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar