Cam Newton participating in Combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As he should, but kudos to Cam. With all the question marks, he's not scared to go in there and show what he can/can't do. That's the right move. The brave move and it makes me respect him a lot more as a player.

Gabbert is the opposite. He's scared they'll see his true colors. He doesn't buy his own hype... knows he's a fraud, so he won't participate to hurt his stock. It's smart on his part... but not respectable.

If there's one thing I can say for Cam Newton- he's very likable. As much as I think he'll never be a great QB in the NFL... he's hard not to want to pull for. Even though his past troubles make me want to dislike him, he wins you over with his attitude and the way he talks.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree Deuce. Clap it up for Cam. Nothing like seeing all tomorrows players together showing off what they can do. And if Cam screws it up at the combine, so what, he's still able to win scouts over at his pro day. My only trepidation is he'll end up like Vince. BUT, and this is a big but, NOW we have coaches who use the term "adjust" & "flexibility".

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly I like how he is handling the draft process.

Say what you want but I would not be mad to see us take him at 8.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

“I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon.” - Cam Newton

Oy vey...

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

As much as I hate Newton.. I'd rather have him than Gabbert.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

How about they both suck and we shouldn't draft either of them?

Best defensive player on the board.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Dude I agree 100%. But, if I HAD to chose either Gabbert or Newton to draft... i'd take Newton. :sad2:

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

prove to me that they sucked.....and i could say the same exact thing about defensive players

they sucked....best offensive player on the board....

any of them can be boom or bust....

i wouldnt mind trading down, drafting cam, or drafting a defensive player as long as it benefits us next year and years to come...i think the best thing that we can do to prepare for this year if cam, bowers, green, peterson, fairley, and dareus are gone is to trade back and get some extra picks to help fill our needs and provide depth

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What skill set does Cam Newton have that he displayed in college that will make him a dominant QB in the NFL? Other than size and a strong arm, nothing. He didn't show any type of anticipation when throwing the ball. He doesn't know how to read defenses. He doesn't have even decent footwork. And he only did it for 14 games. You can't take a guy like that in the top ten.

I haven't seen much of Gabbert, I just don't like guys coming from the spread. The concepts are just the total opposite of what they're going to have to do on the next level. It makes it so much harder to project what they're going to do.

You could say the same thing about the defensive players, but you'd be wrong. I think guys like Dareus, Peterson and Amukamara showed everything they need to show that they have the abilities to be more successful than the QBs in this draft(especially Dareus).

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

If we had to draft a QB in the 8th... (and since the "top 10 QBs" are Newton and Gabbert) I'd definitely take Newton over Gabbert... hands down.... Gabbert is an unknown for now... ineligible for senior bowl.. no workouts.. no combine... and it just seems to me that he doesn't want to show anything

however.. if dareus or miller are on the board and we pick QB... i think i may cry...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar