Cam Newton participating in Combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

As long as we don't draft Cam Newton we'll have a successful draft.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think if that happens, it would be a huge smack in the face to Fisher. It's the same kind of QB for the most part. I'd love for it to pan out that way in April, I've always thought Vince's athleticism could win us close games. Right now we're a QB away from our 5-2 offense, AND Cam fits the description. I know Cam could plug into Vince's shoes, and run our offense from last year. But since the offense is not going to be the same because of no Dinger, it's a little more than just getting up to speed for Cam. Cam is a rookie. I wouldn't expect him to walk in and play like Vince did in year five anyways. So even in the event that Jay Greeson's article is right, we can't think we'll just pick up where we left off. Or can we?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Really dislike how Cam still smiles about his 200k scam every time it's brought up. He's done this for a long time now- almost in a 'Yeah, I got away with it and I'm tickled to death' way.

He mentioned something awful 'in your face'ish' after the NC win too. I can't remember exactly what it was- something like "Just a year ago I never thought this would be possible. Hard work paid off"... all that was missing was an eyebrow gesture to the camera.

He seems to think his entire scandal situation is a laughing matter. More than likely because he did in fact get away with knowing he was paid to play. Congrats Cam... you did it. But at least act remorseful now.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, I'm sure exactly what's going through Gabbert's mind is: "Oh, I really sucked in a lot of games. I haven't proven anything and these suckers think I'm good. I'm not gonna throw at the combine because they'll find out I suck and that I'm just pretending to be a quarterback."

There's plenty of questions about the guy. But I highly doubt he doesn't believe in himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar