Cam Newton the next VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ghost, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I heard that Cam was interested in being a Titan. Trade Matt for him. Just kidding.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

People compare Newton to Young BECAUSE

• Very similar play style who had college offenses built around them
    • Went to teams that did not/will not build around them
    • Both have emotional immaturity issues
    I compared Kuechly to Ruud because they both play soft against the run, and well against the pass. Hence his lack luster tackle totals and a few articles out there pointing that out. I compared him to Ruud because how many other linebackers out there are people gonna know of the top of their head that fit that description? Not many, it just so happened Ruud was a white MLB that played for the Titans.

BTW, keep the personal insults in Taboo, I know thats asking alot but you are a grown man.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

David Carr is a terrible comparison.

A MUCH smaller school, not nearly as good of an athlete and went to a franchise that refused to protect him. Awful, do you even try any more?

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Cecel newton = joe Jackson. He is doing interviews on the Charlotte sports stations down here speaking for his son. Cam will be gone from Charlotte after next year.

5. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Car does build their offense around Newton. They don't even let Stewart and Williams get the ball so he can pad his stats

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that is a huge negative

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What idiot would call a linebacker who had 190 tackles in a season soft against the run?

And Kuechly is on pace to have about 115 tackles. How is that lackluster? It is not.

To universally draw conclusions about a player 5 games into his nfl career is STUPID!!!!!

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Cam could retire today and would still have a more accomplished career than VY. Speaking of David Carr, the sad thing is Carr is on a roster and the other guy isn't...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why the VY-Cam comparisons are absolutely wrong!

They didn't come from the same parents. And they don't throw the ball at all alike. And all of "them" are not failures.

Who cares if they can both run? In fact Newton has been far more prolific as a runner. VY never ran for 700 yards in a season and Newton set the nfl record for rushing Tds by a QB. Does that matter?

Again if your argument only includes superficial things or generalities like color, the school they played at or how they look in their uniform perhaps we need a special kinder board for them.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We had a QB here that is much loved. He was not a genius, he was an adulterer and he could have worked harder to stay in shape.

Titan fans would tear up saying how he put his body our there for the team but Cam Newton does not do that for his team? The most rushing attempts Steve Mcnair ever had was in 1997 when he ran the ball 101 times. Cam Newton ran the ball 126 times last year and is on pace to do that again.

To me Newton is much closer to Mcnair than VY.

The only issue with Cam Newton is of he will be an elite QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar