Cam Newton

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SchindlersFist, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 stats that stand out for Cam Newton are yards per attempt and third down efficiency. Auburn was 3rd in the entire country in third down effectiveness and 7th in total offense despite not being a pass first team. That is an accomplishment in the sec.

The yards per attempt numbers are even more impressive when you consider that Auburn runs quick screens and set plays. He produces big yardage by buying time and getting the ball accurately down the field.

Third down effectiveness played a big part in this win Auburn was 9 of 17 and kept the Oregon offense off the field.

Steve Mcnair circa 1995.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Sorry, bulldozing your way through 5'10" guys to convert 3rd and 2 will work against Oregon, but it won't work against the Lions or any other sorry NFL team.

Besides, what kind of Alabummer fan comes to the defense of the Quarterback of Auburn? I bet you were the president of the Jason Campbell fan club back in the day.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Say something else stupid. There are more SEC defensive linemen and linebackers in the NFL than any other conference. How many LSU players are starting on NFL defenses? He ran wild on them.

So the entire frontline of Oregon averages 5'10? Dumb!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have said i would trade a pick or picks for Orton, resign KC to be our backup and go defense in rd one. If we draft a QB i do think this is the best guy.

Character issues alone could keep us from considering him that high and that is the job of the scouts and the coaching staff to determine if he has the right attitude and work ethic to get the most out of his talent.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

What other QB in the NFL does that? What happened when Mike Vick thought he could do that?
    [​IMG]

And I'm saying stupid stuff but youre the guy whos Troll Riding this and Troll Riding that and cheering for an Auburn QB.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I want Matthews from Oregon...he looks like he will carry his family's talents again into the NFL. Plays like his brother and I would like him on our team...though probably won't get him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I was halfway joking.

Or like that white runningback for the Patriots...Peyton Hillis?

8. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Great, a bigger-dumber Vince Young. Bud has to be wetting himself in his catheter bag right now.

Cam Newton still sucks. JR V2.0

If I have to see the dumb*uck kiss his own hand one more time I'm gonna puke.

9. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Wow! Glad you know your football there dude. Hillis plays for the Browns.

If you want the Patriots white-boy, you're thinking of Danny Woodhead.

10. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Hey Trolltide, do us a favor and whatever team Cam gets drafted too, go be a fan of that team and leave us alone. This team is miserable right now as it is without you meandering around it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar