Campbell slides to fifth on depth chart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Just let him be our Music City Miracle from time to time.

Sucks he couldn't translate all that speed and size into being a decent CB.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I like good players who produce on the field! I couldn't care less how they act! When the lights come on who gives us the best chance to win is all that matters!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yes, I understand he says that. But he ofter sides with the underachievers: VY, :cj:, Britt.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Those so called underachievers have produced more than anyone on our team at their respective position right now!

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

At least one could be doing a lot better than he is right now were he not such an underachiever. And I will give you this, :cj: will probably shed his underachiever status this year. Kenny could too. But VY, well, not so much.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Can't call him an underachiever since he was barely drafted.

We could have signed Cary Williams for $5.5M a year instead of Wilson for $2M just to be a backup safety. Then we could have used that high 3rd rd pick for a different position.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

You do understand the Wilson will probably play as much, if not more, then Pollard as they switch during Nickle packages. Also what does a CB have to do with a backup safety?

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

What are you talking about? Campbell is a physical freak compared to the other CBs. His ceiling is the highest, so most of us were hoping he would develop into a decent starter. Sensabaugh is basically a clone of Campbell.. physical freak (minus the height), but low football IQ.

Verner belongs in the Nickle package, as he's too small and slow to play outside. We NEED Campbell, Sensabaugh, or BWW to progress into a starting caliber CB to play opposite of McCourty. The secondary will have a TOUGH time until that happens. And no, it ain't Verner.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

The money. I'm pretty sure he meant that we could have used that money more wisely by spending it on Williams instead of Wilson and I agree.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If Campbell is such a physical "freak" then why did every single NFL team pass on him 6 times or more in the nfl draft? There was a reason why he was a 7th rd pick and most 7th rd picks are 5th on the depth chart if they even make a team.

There is more to playing CB than being tall and running fast in a straight line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar