Can Indianapolis Run The Ball?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

good one. just because Im not a humongous, biased homer like you are and I actually watch football games besides the Titans does not mean that Im a Colts fan. I just know about other teams....unlike 98% of the people here (like those who didnt know who Adrian WIlson was).

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

lol, im a sports fanatic, 99% of what i watch on TV is sports related, sportscenter is like showering for me, i must be one of those 2% that know about other teams, in 3 different sports, Football, Baseball, and Basketball most of all.

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

dont flatter yourself.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

lol, im not trying to challenge you or anything, but alot of the stuff you say are anti-tennessee....

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Payton (a 1st round pick) is tossing the ball to 4 other 1st round picks (Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Gonzo).

It isn't too surprising that they are going to pass a lot more than run. Even though they have a 1st round pick RB.

It is simply effective utilization of assets.

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

hardly. I just cant stand the homers here. Im just realistic. Are we going to go 10-6? Possibly, but its really not likely. Are we better than the Colts or the Jags? No, not even close. Can we beat them? Yeah, but I doubt we do in the division standings. just because I say some "anti-tennessee" things sometimes does not mean I am a colts/jags/texan fan. Heck, Ill go as far to say I hate them more than anyone else here. Am I not a "fan" because I dont think we can win double digit games? Not at all. I watch a lot of football and I know a good amount about basically every team in the league. When I compare us to a lot of other teams, we dont measure up.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

10-6: Quite Possible
    Better Then the Colts: Possible (there entire defense is gone)
    Better Then the Jags: Most Likely (qb problems, no leadership)
    Can We Beat Them: Yes
    Can We Beat them in the Division standings: Yes

we arent THAT bad, we still have Vince Young, a solid o-line, and our defense looks beast 3 games into preseason.

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

LOL have you looked at our schedule? For us to go 10-6 we would probably have to sweep both the colts and the jags.

Who cares if their D is "gone". Cato June was a WLB in a cover 2 defense. He really isnt that great like his stats show. Basically every WLB has inflated stats in a cover 2 because they rarely take on initial blocks. If you watch sports like you claim, you would know this. Nick Harper is a decent corner, but Kelvin Hayden should fill in fine. They still have Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders. They will be fine. Oh yeah, they still have one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

Jags--Uhh, when did we move the ball against them last year? When healthy, Leftwich is a solid QB. While none have emerged, they have a bunch of receivers and Jag fans are very high on Mike Walker. He has the tools to be very good. Do you remember who their RBs are? Fred Taylor and MJD. Enough said. That D is still nasty with one of the best DT duos in the legue and Mike Peterson in the middle. Add in the very talented Rashean Mathis and you have a team better than ours.

Again, you have yet to actually make me think you watch football.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Agree with DC. With have the best player in the nfl today. No reason we shouldn't go 15-1 or 16-0. Since we have the best football player, we got a shot to go anywhere. Even a stupid football fan understands that. If you put Peyton Manning on the Titans, sure, we lose a lot of football games because he is one dimensional, and never won rookie of the year, but with the games best player, we ought to roll. If Peyton could run the ball, they would have won a title much sooner. Nothing against him, but Vince will win the superbowl much faster.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

if peyton manning was on the titans, i would shoot myself, then we would probably win the superbowl...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar