Can Kenny Britt last 16 games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I'd want a cheaper WR also, but i dont trust WR's that late in the draft.

Britt was a high pick and turned out great, Hawkins... well we got what we paid for.

now this isnt always the case but most of the time it is.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that. A player who is consistent like Washington was last year throughout the season is more valuable than Britt that goes off for a few games per year, but can't stay healthy. If Britt manages to put together a few good, solid seasons without landing on IR, I will completely change my tune, so far, he looks like he has the Titans WR injury bug that is contracted upon signing in Tennessee.

Britt has been one of our better 1st round picks, but that isn't saying much, as we usually bomb with these picks.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Uhm let's focus this draft on protecting our QB and going after the opponent's. WR is a deep class this year but we have a lot more pressing needs. I would rather go WR early next year when we know for sure what we have. (Britt's health, progression of D-Will, etc.)

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

...and before we focus on protecting our QB, we have a defense to pull out of hell...

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I don't think he can stay healthy all season. But with that being said I do think he can have a season where he doesn't miss considerable time to injury. Like he sits a game or two, or possibly has a limited role. At this point that seems like wishful thinking but how many times can he blow up his knee or acl lol?!?!

As far as plan B if Britt goes down. I think we should grab a WR in the draft if they somehow fall to us. Lets say if we go DL in the 1st and then someone at WR whom we have rated much higher is still there in the second we should grab them instead of OL. While we do need a new center (Amano must go!), this class doesn't really impress me. We are probably better off trying to find one in FA whom might not be great but will be serviceable to get us through another year to take a shot at either FA next year or the draft.

I just really think one above average WR could do us good. Williams looked good at times, as did Hawkins. But neither of them were consistent. If we could pick up a great hands guy whom we could look to on 3rd down like a D Mason was we could be in business! Either that or someone with some size who could create some issues for DBs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 520titan

520titan Special Teams Standout

i think mariani can be that great hands guy...lets get him in the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar