Can Mariota be the next Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If you don't think Mariota's ceiling is insanely high, you don't understand the concept of a ceiling with regards to one's football potential.

The debate is whether he will ever get there. There is no debate about what he is potentially capable of with his truly rare physical tools.

2. aztitans

aztitans Starter

Two years ago I predicted Mariota would win 6 Super Bowls during his career, I have been watching the NFL since 1977 (5 years of age) Marcus Mariota is the best QB to enter the league in that time, his statistics also support this no QB has had the number s that Mariota has produced in his first two years, with mediocre core of receiving targets, playing in a run dominant team, Mariota is a statistical anamoly, and will go down as the Goat.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yep, Mariota's stats greatly resemble those of Tony Romo.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

As much as I love Marcus, I don't think this organization or fan base needs him to be the next Tom Brady. If he is, GREAT! But I don't think it's needed. They need him to come here, to help them win games and get them to the big one and win it all. Perhaps a couple times. But I'm sure all of you would be fine if it was just once. Under the right dynamics and health, he has that in him.

If he is going to have anymore than that, I think this organization needs to help set him up with that kind of success. Not sure the direction they took last year was the right one and is simply burning a lot of time. Sooner than later I believe the ax is going to fall on Mularkey. Surely, it is too on Marcus. But the organization can help him out by building a team that makes sense for the kind of person and player he is. That means football strategy and scheme, players and coaches that coach to that scheme. If they do that. He could have a lot of success.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Getting to the point to where we are annual contenders to make a superbowl run because of our qb is where i expect Mariota to be in a year or two.

6. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

I actually saw Brady in a game in college, and thought he looked very sharp passing the ball. Thought he definitely looked like he could be a good Pro... little did I know...

7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

If Mariota can continue to add weight (and more importantly.. accuracy) to his deep ball..... he can be better than Brady. His athleticism makes him a potentially (if continued growth in deep ball) unpredictable stealth fighter...

I give Brady all due credit... but damn if he EVER had a little wheels on him.... same for all the other 'sitting ducks.'

and one more thing.. Marcus...Please remember it's okay to take off. You've already proven to the NFL you're a good pocket qb.... But both (tech 3) of your injuries came from riding the pocket (granted one was a blatant flagrant)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar