Can somebody catch the freakin ball!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't know if this has been ran into the ground or not, but I gotta vent... We really looked bad for the course of three quarters yesterday. But in reallity, how much better would we have looked if somebody could make a play every now and then... I mean, my god!! What happend to the notion that if the ball hits your hands then you should catch it?!!

If Bennett catches that pass on third down across the middle it would've changed the whole scope of the game, at least at that point. It went right through his hands and killed us. You've got to make those catches! Troupes missed catch that turned into an INT was a joke too. Again, you've got to make those catches. YOU HAVE TO! There's no excuse for playing that crappy. I would at least like to see Fisher over there chewing someone's AS$ out when they don't make those easy plays.

Same goes for Brown who missed passes that high schoolers would normally make. Make a freaking PLAY! We can talk about schemes and coordinators all day long but when a guy can't catch you can't blame the OC for that. Look at all the tough catches that were made by Jets players. They made hard plays and we didn't.

And as for the last play of the game, Scaife should've made the play. Granted it wasn't a perfectly thrown ball but it went through his hands. When the games on the line you gotta make plays!!! Our recievers looked like little girls out there. I don't know how much emphasis Fisher puts on doing things correctly in practice but what ever he's doing needs to change. There is no way that these guys are making these catches in practice and then laying a big egg in games. You practice like you play. I don't think that there is enough presure put on these revievers in practice that translates to success in games. Even Pennington talkled about how much empasis is put on the Jets recievers to do things perfectly in practice. And, that comes form Mangini not the OC or positions coaches. It's the head coach making sure his guys are paying attention to detail.
    If they miss a catch then they run. I don't know if Fisher does those things or not but it sure as hell doesn't look like it!

I don't know how far Brandon Jones is from being 100% but he needs to moved into the #2 spot in the WR core. At least his butt cheeks don't pucker everytime he runs across the middle....

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Booooooo!!!!!

Kerry Collins sucks!!!!!

Booooooo!!!!!

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

glad you got it right :ha:

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Sorry about sending out two threads. I'm at work and got side tracked and I wasn't quite finished yet... But I agree with you Brian. Collins may have made a few bad throws but for the most part he played pretty good. Our recievers suck!

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Instead, they should've turned those "DREEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW's" into "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's".....

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Fat chance. That would mean that they actually had a clue.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I really agree with this. We saw some great catches by Jets WR, and tons of drops by ours. I don't know what has to be done to improve your WR corps hands, but we REALLY need better catching. These guys are pros, they should be able to make several of the ones that they dropped.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There were several people doggin on Drew in my section after his drops.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

On the play where the pass was thrown to Drew on an OUT and he just gave up on it and the Jets intercepted it was a tell tell to me where his heart is. Very Sad....

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

The effort on the deep sideline pass was even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar