Can somebody go get Mel's First Round...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sweet. You know, you could probably actually hang out with Lamont these days. Play xbox at his house while his wife is working.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Guy misses 5 out of 41 games but he'll surely be on IR in the NFL...funny!

That Channing Crowder guy was a pretty good pick...he had over 100 tackles this year. And that Kearse guy wasn't too shabby when he came out!!!

And your point is???

Gut

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol...

Based on what? A handful of guys recruited and coached by a different coach in a different system?

I guess they're all the same, right? You are amusing at least for your consistency in your hatred for UF and it's players...the offensive ones!

LOL

Gut

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i did say the "last" florida prospect, which is why i named sheppard and left off kearse, since kearse was drafted about four years before him.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The micheal johnson pick doesn't make a lot of sense. We have all our DEs returning and considering the great play by ford and the potential of hayes why do we need another DE prospect?

To start with we are going to have to release someone just to make room for a new DE kearse or ball.

I watched some of the film of johnson and he is a freakish looking guy but he doesn't deliver the production you would expect. He is not an oversized end who could play DT in the event AH is not here.

Tyson jackson of LSU would be a guy we could move to DT.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mel kiper vs matt millen

I'll put kiper's picks vs millen any day. Millen is the poster child for how to ruin a football team for 10 years.

My guess is that kiper is as good as half the GMs in the game given that the 1st rd seems to go very similar to how he rates the players.

So the worst at picking in the draft might be in this order.

Gloat

Millen

Kiper

:grrhee:

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We need a WR. Today in football speed kills. Look at UF I think they had 9 guys on the team that could run a 4.4 or lower. Harvin would be a good WR to draft because of everything he can do. RB, slot, out wide, etc. What's with all the IR stuff? He's only missed like 5 games in his career!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

its a hell of a lot easier to dominate in college because you're fast with no skill than it is in the NFL.

look at Florida. most of those guys won't amount to anything in the NFL, but they're a part of a good offensive scheme and faster than everyone they're playing...like citadel.

the guys who are successful in the NFL are the ones who know how to play the position the way its supposed to be played, not because they're fast.

most guys who dominate in college because they're super athletic and never learn how to play the position fail. unless you're just outright freakish like randy moss you can't just run by people in the NFL.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...huh?

Some of your posts are quite funny in the lengths you go to villify Florida. I noticed you make the point that Florida is just faster than everyone else. Didn't they beat several of the absolute BEST teams in college football when they weren't just faster than everyone else?

You are right and wrong to some extent of the speed thing. Yes, you need skills or speed is not enough, but speed kills in the NFL. If you don't have speed you had better have size and some quickness or you won't make it as a WR. But on to the point...

During the National Championship game, they used other running backs who have similar speed to Harvin...and yet they were unsuccessful. How would you explain that Harvin can rip up OU (the #1 ranked team) running when the other running backs with same speed can't? Furthermore, OU should have focused most of their attention on Harvin when he motions into the backfield...and he still ripped them. SPEED PLUS SKILL = AWESOME!!!

You can make the same claim of Maclin that his scheme gave him space and his speed killed. So do you predict he'll not make it in the NFL, he'll hang on as a backup, he'll be a starter, or he'll be a star WR? Let's put your theory to the test.

Gut

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I can tell you why Harvin killed Oklahoma. They suck on defense. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Texas fan, I watched lots of their games last year and they got abused by some pretty overrated offenses and even a few bad ones. Texas dropped 45 points on them. They did have a decent front 4 but their back 7, especially after they lost Ryan Renolds was pure dog crap. It doesn't surprise me that Harvin had a great game against them, he was going up against a pass defense ranked about 60th in the country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar