Can somebody go get Mel's First Round...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

aren't there rumors around maclin's foot being a possible chronic issue? something about how he has arch problems or something?

i'd rather have maclin over harvin given a choice, but i'd rather have hakeem nicks over both of them.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kiper doesn't even analyze his own picks these days. At least back when he started he had reasons for his picks, so his credibility stood firm and many of his picks were right.
    Now he just ranks players and picks them from a hat for each round.

Michael Johnson...lol

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

It's his hip/lower-back that are rumored to be arthritic. But, I read somewhere that the chances of him having arthritis problems in that area at such a young age are pretty much 0.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Again, get a clue Gut. I trash Florida players because it's a fact, and I'm sorry that you refuse to accept it.

Florida has ran the spread for years, thus they don't produce NFL-caliber skill-position guys. Spurrier ran it. Zook ran it (a lesser version). And now Meyer is running it. There are exceptions to every rule (Fred Taylor), but for the most part, players coming from a spread offense either don't make it, or take forever to get up to par.

Your constant defense of Percy Harvin is amusing, ridiculous, and annoying. Do you have a siren that goes off when someone bashes Harvin? You're ALWAYS there to take up for him.

Is Harvin another exception to the rule? Maybe. But I'll let some other franchise take that risk.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol...

It's NOT a fact. Fred Taylor is not trash.

If that were the case, most of their offensive players SHOULDN'T be first rnd picks...unless they warrant that grade. In the last 10 years, they have only had 1 QB, 1 WR and 1 RB taken in rnd 1. Travis Taylor was disappointing though still was a #2-3 WR for 6+ years. Rex Grossman should NOT have been drafted in rnd 1 and is a backup QB in the NFL. And Fred Taylor has had an excellent career. You're basing your argument on 3 players?

So now's it's not just Florida, but all players from Spread offenses? So I see you sidestepped my question about Maclin, but since you've made such a convincing argument that all skill players from Spread offenses are basically trash...how do you see the careers of Crabtree, Maclin, and Harvin going. They all play from Spread offenses right?

Ridiculous? Outside of bashing all offensive players from Florida because they play in a spread, you haven't made a good argument as to why he can't be a big time playmaker for us if we took him. And I'm not sure how my argument is both amusing and annoying you at the same time...lol

Well said.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar