Can somene tell me how it was a intentional grounding......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Just that simple how was that pass from K Collins a intentional grounding when he threw the ball in the endzone near a reciever D Bennett?? Along with that call there were a number of shady calls on our behalf but that one I felt was very questionable as well as Bulluck 15 yarder.... But if there is a rule bout how Collins through was a intentional ground please let me know thanks.

2. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

I think that grounding call was ridiculous, too. The ball got deflected as he got hit and went away from the direction of Bennett in the end zone.
    I watched the Dallas game and Drew Deadthrow threw one into the ground before he was even rushed and they didn't even call it. There were a ton of calls that went against us and some shady judgement calls on replay in the Dallas game.
    I figured they'd call the horsecollar on Bulluck but he didn't do the collar as bad as some I've seen. The way Roy Williams does it, he puts his body into the persons legs like he's intentionally trying to hurt them. (I think he just tackles that way cuz he's usually out of positon because he can't cover my grandma).

They need to do the replay thing like in college where a replay official looks at something and tells the refs on the field what the verdict was, not having some bozo look into a monitor and then judge what happened. If a coach doesn't agree, then do a challenge but it shouldn't be a judgement call by an on-field ref that differs from ref to ref.

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I thought that was a HORRENDOUS call, & I'm not just saying that because I'm a Titans fan.

When your team is losing ... & I mean not making the playoffs, or any of that stuff, it always seems those calls go against you. They just do. :hmm:

As do the bounces & rolls. That Troupe interception is a testimony to that. Gift wrapped. For years The Cincy Bungholes never got rolls or calls, or any of that stuff ... & if you noticed, last year EVERY call, roll, & bounce went their way. That is, until Kimo rolled up Carson's knee, ouch.

We've been there before, & eventually the tide will swing back to us ... the football gods are not just, my friend. They's meanies.

That said, I also thought the late hit, personal foul for roughing the passer, was TOTAL EFFING HORSE CRAP!!! :grrr:

That one hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar