Can someone explain this to me ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PorcupineTree, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Maybe I missed something but On Thursday night Fisher made the statement that Vince was better off not being here(at the games/at the Titans facilities ??) during the interview with Marriuci, but then he goes out and says this:

"I'm surprised he's not here," Fisher said. "He was not told to not be here. But, again, he's following the guidelines of what we do with injured reserve players. We've got several players that are rehabbing outside of Nashville that are not here and we have a handful of players that are here on the sideline and are here for the games.

http://titansradio.com/article.asp?id=2052313&spid=27572

So which is it Jeff ?

This guy can't even keep his own rhetoric straight. Honestly, I think he's sort of losing his grip on reality if you ask me...

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The man clearly needs a Lawyer present when he speaks to the media these days. Because he clearly keeps choking on his own words.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It sounds like Fisher is surprised that VY didn't elect to attend the game. He's not prohibited but then again, at the same time, it's not unusual for a player not to be on the sidelines. It's not scandalous. It's VY's choice. It could be interpreted as VY not wanting to be there. I really think you guys are just looking for something to burn the coach with. I'm not happy with Fisher either but I'm not going to view VY as some kind of victim here.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Has Fisher even stopped to think of the possibility of Bud Adams maybe instructing VY to not attend the games since Fish is such a bad influence on him? Seeing how Bud and VY are so close relationship wise and geographically, I think they would conversate alot. In short, VY and Bud are plotting against Jeff......and he knows it.

5. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

VY was at the game, he was in the box with Bud going over head coaches for next season

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Is this more Fisher spin...or is the man starting to lose it. Maybe instead of coaching next year he should take some time off and get his head together. Honestly, he's been at this so long maybe he needs a break.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Think about it - Fisher's best chance at keeping his job is to scare off any competition. He's been playing the "Vince is a Diva" card louder and louder over the past month. It's very uncharacteristic of Fisher - the king of "WE'VE MOVED ON".

Why no "we've moved on" now? Because he's got a job to win back, and the best way to do that is to throw Vince under the bus as often as possible. We've all speculated about what coach would want to walk into this situation? Fisher is hammering that question home in every interview he can. Vince left the door open for it, and Fisher's just taking the opportunity. You don't coach for 17 years in the NFL without knowing how to keep your job.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wendy.
    Welcome to Jamaica have a nice day.

Hard to form a solid conclusion on "things said" when you're not hearing the entire conversation.

9. iQon

iQon Starter

Jeff Fisher's stubborn and childish. The guy originally made his statements on Vince Young, claimed it's an issue that would be dealt with at the end of the season... yet he keeps finding ways to throw him under the bus. There is no middling, he's flat out bashing Vince.

He would have won the battle had he kept his mouth shut after the first week. Now he's just digging a hole for himself.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's my problem and a typical example of Fisher's double talk when it comes to players.

Fisher said something along the lines of "this is the last I'll speak of VY" a few weeks ago, and here we go with more comments trying to make VY look bad.

I wish SOMEONE would be a BIGGER MAN in this situation. It would be different if the game results since Vince went on IR were different, but it is what it is. I think Fisher looks as bad as VY at this point. At least VY went off on Fisher to his face, Fisher is just taking jabs through the media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar