Can the Titans put an offense around Vince??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I think we would all agree Vince is the man here in Tennessee. The question I hve in my mind is the organization going to do what it takes to put the best possible people around him?

History would indicate no to that answer. If you look back when Mcnair was a super9 he really had nothing to work with no bear with me before you go nuts over that statement. I love D-Mase he was very solid very good hated to see him go but past him who did he really have to throw to that was a really super talent athlete K Dyson had one good play MMiracle other than that a bust, Yancy Thigpen please, Twinkle toes Chris Sanders try again, Tryone Calico bust, Frank Wycheck was pure luck finding him in the rough and we payed him well but again not really a really deep threat of any sort. The only reliable offense Mcnair had was Eddie who was in place before Mcnair so you cant say he was here for him it just fell together. Several Years he was our #2 leading reciever behind Frank Wycheck the recivers were never and really to this day a non factor.

Now I am totally behind a solid running game and smashing people in the face I love that style of offense. However, a balanced attack is also nice and any team coming in here to Nashville has never had to have the best CB;s or even really one decent one we were lucky to have a good enough QB he could take avg joes and put them in good positions.

Look at Drew Bennett I like the guy and thought he was solid and for the better part of 2-3 years our #1 WR and he wasnt even drafted amd now he is gone. I just hate to think Vince will go out alone with little to no help but from avg joes who wont cost an arm and leg but history has shown in the past that they just cant. I am hoping for a better future with some young and better talent who ever that maybe but there just not on the Titans at the moment.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

IMO It all depends on Brandon Jones...unless we trade for Darrell Jackson, Jones will be the #1 guy here and he has to have a break out season.

If he can do that the #2 guy will be just as effective whether it be Wade, Williams, Roby, a FA or a rookie.

LenDale should be fine if he can stay healthy.

3. yea he has too, theres already a religion after him :ha:

4. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Well on the offensive side of the ball theres major concerns at all the skills level running back, WR, and Tight Ends. Brandon Jones is all we have at WR, Lendale is the only Running back on the roster, and tight ends need an upgrade I believe Troupe cant stay on the field either cause of drops or injuries and Bo Scaife nothing special there. With no help coming from FA on the offensive side of the ball and please NO Darrell Jackson ok I dont want another mid-level # 2 or 3 Wide Reciever WHY in the world can we not get a killer WR who will put a threat in the passing game?

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

can we? yes

will we? i don't know

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He isn't a mid level #2 or 3 receiver, his stats easily show he is the #1 and capable of being it.

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

darrell jackson is not a #1 receiver

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

based on what?

9. common logic

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I believe the identity our offense will produce within the next couple of years is that we will have one above avg/good WR, and 2 avg backups, 2 above avg TEs, an excellent FB who can all catch and pound (AH), an excellent RB, and a QB who can run like a mad man when he decides to.. as well as an excellent/elite OL which can help make this all possible.

I don't think we'll pay much attention to the long throws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar