Can Verner play safety?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey, I only like the best players Jack!

I like Ayers and Locker too.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

HEY! Our best player is CJ2K...... lol :cj:

beavers

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

because i dont want Verner at safety. Id rather have him at corner and move McCourty to safety.

You are much more comfortable with Sensabaugh than I am. I have seen nothing from him that makes me think he would hold up during a full game on the outside, or in the slot.

To be honest, I would not want to move anyone to safety right now. I would rather get a FA safety, or corner, THEN see if moving anyone to safety would be worth doing.

If we moved Verner to safety, our corners would be MC, Senses, and..... and...

Yea Im not comfortable with that at all. I know a lot of people think its as easy as putting a body in a position, but the oline right now is clear proof of why that would be a bad idea.

It worked out for NE because they had talib to play corner

4. xpmar9x

What if we draft Dee Milliner...

5. Alzarius

All I can do is google, i don't know much about college football without researching.

If he is a good corner, then move Verner inside and have Milliner and McCourty on the outside. If Sensabough does improve and become a good enough corner to hold up, then id still rather move MC to safety, have Sens and Milliner (or whoever) on the outside, and Verner in the slot.

6. SacredTitan16

SacredTitan16 Starter

can we swap the mccourty twins lol

7. xpmar9x

Problem is, we have bigger holes the corner. I'd be ok with Milliner, IF we were switching Verner to FS. We have to fix SS, FS, and interior OL this off-season. That's our 3 biggest needs.

Why ours is better... just doesn't get the publicity

8. Alzarius

We have needs at every position imo. Itll take a few years to get it all worked out. Whether they fix it this off season, or next off season, its going to have to be fixed.

It all needs fixed, not going to be picky about what gets fixed first. There are some moves that will help the team more than other moves but in the end..... BPA in the draft, and target people who can contribute for years to come in the FA>

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Are you guys crazy, the guy is playing great ball where he is and with the season coming to close (assuming he keeps playing the way he has) will end up being our best or AT LEAST our most consistent player.

Draft or sign a safety please!

BTW had we had kept Finny, I think he coulda played safety well (and I've said this before).

But ideally, since 3-WR sets are all the rage, its great to have 3 solid CBs. Had you paired those 3 guys with 2 safeties that had any clue how to play, we'da had some excellent coverage. It might actually be a rare case where a team's D-Line benefits more from coverage then vice-versa. Either way, we'd be better on D and thats all i care about in the end...

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I don't think corner position is that strong, we have been playing 10 yards off for a while now I think that says something about the confident we have in the corners we have. Safety is a bigger need but I wouldn't mind Banks or Poyer if they some how make it to the second round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar