Can We A "Gruden Trade" for Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Does Gruden live in TN? I had a couple folks swear that was the case last night.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have always been under the impression that you can't trade coaches anymore.

If we managed to trade Fisher (More than likely a first but I would settle for a half stick of 3 year old Trident) and somehow managed to get Gruden, I would be more excited about this franchise than I have ever been.

I have a feeling he would change our defense drastically though. We have a pretty small defense for what Gruden had.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I want Rob Ryan but it would awesome to trade Fish for a 1st or 2nd. We can draft a good QB in case VY flames out with his new coach. *cough* cam newton *cough* sorry, i like mobile qbs. Shoot me. Ive been watching this team with a mobile qb for years now.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You can't but more geniuses will suggest it can and should be done.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You can't trade a coach!!!

And what is so great about Rob Ryan?

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really, do have a source for this?

7. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

of course not... he's the all knowing all seeing ROLLTIDE. doath thou doubt him?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Here is your source since you were too damn lazy to find it yourself.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml

"Now such a deal is against league rules.

The league Thursday banned the type of trade that enabled the Bucs to sign Gruden. The new policy was announced in a memo to all 32 teams by commissioner Paul Tagliabue, league spokesman Greg Aiello said.

Tagliabue acted after the competition committee concluded that such coach-for-picks trades might be undermining the purpose of the draft. "

You know what i'm tired of? Arguing with idiots. Lazy f*****g idiots!

It has been illegal since 2003.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It says in that article:
    "The league's owners can decide whether to restore the right to trade draft picks for coaches at their annual meeting March 22-26 in Phoenix."

Herm Edwards was traded after the 2005 season so, obviously, something allowed that to happen whether it was this owner's meeting that year or since.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

lol...
    pretty sure no one asked what you were tired of, thanx for sharing though sweet heart. get some thicker skin smart guy...

funny thing about this ,oh great one, Herm edwards was traded for a 4th round draft pick in 2006!!!!! do YOUR research lazy guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar