Can We A "Gruden Trade" for Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Gotta love narcissists that think they are always right and put down people with a question...

even when there are contrary facts... (but it's the shortbus, don't let those pesky facts get in the way)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

i was gunna say egotistical.... but think yours is better:D

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :ha:

That article (from 2003) also goes on to say...
    And since Herm Edwards was traded AFTER that article, it leads me to believe you can still in fact trade coaches. Also I've heard guys like Mike Florio, Paul Kuharsky and other media members talking about the possibility of Fisher getting traded. One of them having their facts wrong? Very possible. Multiple legit NFL media members having their facts wrong? Much less likely, although possible I suppose.

Bottom line, you need to be packing more than a single article from 2003 if you are gonna come at people like you did in your last post.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk, NBC) has reported numerous times in the past month that you definitely can trade coaches. Source

That said, I really doubt it will happen. Teams used to trade draft picks without a second thought. Now draft picks are valued more than almost any other asset. Plus, there are several high profile coaches out there to be hired.

If Fisher was the only good coach available and teams thought he was the man to push a good team to greatness, maybe the Titans could get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him. Clearly, that isn't the case. Everyone imagining a first round pick coming back in exchange for Fisher is living in fantasyland.

5. customtitan

silence from his greatness....

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

A 3rd or 4th would be great. Take any compensation over nothing.

7. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Isn't that the Cincinnati Bengals cheerleading squad?! :rimshot:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok ok i was wrong. And i apologize for the outburst. I had forgotten about the Herm edwards trade.

I was wrong and i apologize.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. customtitan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar