Can we cheer for the team not the individual?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans23, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netnut

netnut Starter

GO TEAM!!!!

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You're putting too much of this on munch. Don't get me wrong, I'm no apologist and I didn't like the hire at all, but he inherited a turd. Jeff Fisher had a 6 game losing streak in 3 of his last 4 seasons. It's been really bad since 2003 really.

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

As a wise, radio host once said ... "I rather have someone point out all my flaws then not talk about me at all."

4. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

Pessimistic ??? here is our teams record since 04 till last season
    04) 5-11
    05) 4-12
    05) 8-8
    06) 8-8
    07) 10-6 Lost Wild Card Playoffs
    08) 13–3 Lost Div. Round
    09) 8-8
    10) 6-10
    11) 9-7
    12) 6-10
    you will notice it is (with 2 exceptions) rather bad or right in the middle not a whole lot to be optimistic about...And you expect the fans to swallow this S*it sandwich without a few objections ?
    If you have actually been coming here regularly for 8 years you would notice the optimism on these boards leading up to game day ,I have only been coming here a year and I can see it.
    The fans here vent frustration but come game day they support the titans as much as anyone in the titan nation.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

That's a Grandmajesty thread, bro

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. amy

amy Starter

Passionate fans? Hell, I'm a passionate fan but I'm also realistic. We have what we have. No amount of yapping and bapping is going to change that. We know that going in. So why do we keep on dissecting each and every play and player, doing nothing but picking out all the 'bad' plays he made? To what end? It's the same ole, same ole. Someone please come up with a list of what the players did good. But I expect few of you have no recollection of any good plays because all you did for four quarters was look for the mistakes.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Hello Amy, please see my thread on POSITIVES.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Amy has it right. I know our team routinely underachieves and sometimes makes decisions that are down-right dumbfounding but all the depressive topics and posts make being a fan even harder. I understand that many are just venting their frustrations but some come on here as if, if they ***** enough about a certain issue the FO will listen and do something about it. In reality it just further frustrates the fan base. I really do understand the frustration but since we're pretty much powerless to influence the FO whether we take an optimistic or pessimistic outlook on things, we might as well be optimistic, pessimism just makes the inevitable feel worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar