Can we please just sign Mawae?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

using JFs argument - theres a reason hes on the street

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He'd be the #3 center right now. Time to move on.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. pano79

pano79 Practice Squad

He's perfect for a backup role but he doesn't want to be a backup...

4. TitanJeff

No one wants to be a backup but he said he'd accept that role. Though it would be good to have someone with his experience on the team, there's no need to have three centers active on gameday.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it would be wasted money even at the vet min. Go with what we have and develope them

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't know if Mawae is the solution, but we should probably be looking for other Centers while there are some to choose from. Fernando Velasco is God awful. Every other play he's in on, he gets a penalty. Not to mention he's garbage. After our starting five, we are hit for talent on the O-Line. I don't know how up-to-date this list is, but Chris Spencer is a player I'd be looking at if available.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#players-tab-set-1:players-grid-container-position/players-list-links-position:pos-ol

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It is nuts that we didn't keep Mawae.

He's been playing for so long because of his smarts rather than his physical skills. Amano is doing the exact opposite and needs a mentor like Mawae to help him develop.

8. TitanJeff

He's been playing beside him for years. Don't you think he's mentored him during that time?

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Give this some thought people. We have one of, if not the best OL coach in football. There is no reason to bring Mawea in to mentor anyone. If he isn't good enough to start we really don't need him.

Am I right in seeing that they moved Velasco to OG and had Mathews playing some OC in the last game. That being the case I think Mathews has a good shot at making the PS if not the regular roster. Not sure how he faired because I dind't watch him closely but if he played better than Velasco at OC and OG they will drop Velasco and keep Mathews.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanJeff

We need to remember that Kropog was a fourth-round pick and can play both G/T. Otto and Durand are both young guys who were recently drafted. Durand might go to the practice squad again but I bet Munch thinks he has plenty of young talent with upside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar