Can we still make the playoffs if?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Yes.

If we sweep the Colts I say we take the AFC South.

If we don't sweep the Colts, I think we still have a solid chance at landing a Wild Card spot.

Think about who we have after our bye:
    JAX (x2), IND (x2), HOU, OAK, DEN, STL, ARZ

I think we can sweep JAX, I think we beat HOU at home, OAK should be a win, and I'm fairly sure we can beat STL and ARZ (all of this assumes Jake comes back fine).

That leaves the Dolts. I don't know how good they really are. They barely beat Oakland and got beat by Miami, but beat SF and SEA (granted, SEA sucks on the road). I think we can sweep them with Locker, but they'll be close games.

If we don't sweep them, let's say we split. That makes us 10-6.

Now, I think our main competition for the WC spot are the KC Clowns and the Dolphins. So...

KC: Will get swept by Denver. Will also likely get swept by the Chargers. I also think they drop at least one against OAK, then get beat by the Cows, IND, WAS, and BUF. Such a thing would put them at 7-9, which seems about right considering they needed the be spotted 14 points to beat a Fitzpatrick lead Titans squad by 9.

For Miami, they currently have the same record as us. I think they get swept by NE, split with BUF, get beat by CIN, and get beat by CAR. That would put them at 9-7.

All this is assuming we lose the AFC South to the Dolts ('cuz the Cows obviously aren't doing anything).

Don't think there's anything of interest coming out of the AFC North either. I still say the Browns take it. Maybe CIN competes for a WC spot, but I kinda feel like the Brownies and the Ratbirds sweep 'em.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We are a good team, if Locker is back by the bye, we'll be fine.

3. Wizard82

Wizard82 Rookie

"Yes.

If we sweep the Colts I say we take the AFC South.

If we don't sweep the Colts, I think we still have a solid chance at landing a Wild Card spot.

Think about who we have after our bye:
    JAX (x2), IND (x2), HOU, OAK, DEN, STL, ARZ

I think we can sweep JAX, I think we beat HOU at home, OAK should be a win, and I'm fairly sure we can beat STL and ARZ (all of this assumes Jake comes back fine).

That leaves the Dolts. I don't know how good they really are. They barely beat Oakland and got beat by Miami, but beat SF and SEA (granted, SEA sucks on the road). I think we can sweep them with Locker, but they'll be close games.

If we don't sweep them, let's say we split. That makes us 10-6.

Now, I think our main competition for the WC spot are the KC Clowns and the Dolphins. So...

KC: Will get swept by Denver. Will also likely get swept by the Chargers. I also think they drop at least one against OAK, then get beat by the Cows, IND, WAS, and BUF. Such a thing would put them at 7-9, which seems about right considering they needed the be spotted 14 points to beat a Fitzpatrick lead Titans squad by 9.

For Miami, they currently have the same record as us. I think they get swept by NE, split with BUF, get beat by CIN, and get beat by CAR. That would put them at 9-7.

All this is assuming we lose the AFC South to the Dolts ('cuz the Cows obviously aren't doing anything).

Don't think there's anything of interest coming out of the AFC North either. I still say the Browns take it. Maybe CIN competes for a WC spot, but I kinda feel like the Brownies and the Ratbirds sweep 'em."

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's a legitimate question. We're probably fighting the Chiefs for a wildcard spot. This loss sucks ass.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll be honest. I have ZERO confidence that any unit coached by Bruce Matthews and Dowell Loggains can beat any team.

The drives we have had have been successful primarily because they were a "broken play" where our QB either hit somebody while scrambling or picked up the yards with their own legs. The OL HAS to improve or we're toast.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You're smoking crack if you think KC (and their D) will get swept by the Chargers and drop one against OAK, lose to Cows.

The Browns won't sweep CIN.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I agree. People can pull their head's out of the oven. It is one loss to a good team.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

All depends on Locker, without him we're junk. Fitzpatrick isn't the type of QB we need. We need somebody who limits his turnovers and manages the game, Fitz tries to do too much. If Locker returns shortly after the bye and plays like he was, we'll be in the playoffs. I'm worried about his mobility and if he'll be scared to take another hit though.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No way this happens. I know we all hate the Colts, but they're legit guys. They dominated the 49ers and just beat the Seahawks, chances we sweep them is about 4.1779%.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Oakland is going to be a hard game as well. Pryor looked real good last night as well as that D so I can't say we will win this game especially if we played like we did yesterday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar