Can you go "McNairless"???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 15, 2006.

?
  1. I could dare to go McNairless

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. nothing compares to McNair

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. I'll take a seat on that fence over there, thanks

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Could you just forget about my slip about the 50 million thing?

McNair now has reasonable-for-a-superstar cap numbers of $5.7 million and $12.6 million in 2004 and 2005 after his contract restructuring. Then the cap numbers get silly from 2006 through 2009: in order, $26.8 million, $24.8 million, $26.8 million, $28.8 million.

So, you are okay with McNair 26.8 million going against our cap?
    I take it you view this as a winning stategy?

I think that is too much for too long, plus McNair hasn't played like he once did. If you want to stick with McNair come hell or high water, that's fine by me... Please don't confuse the issue with some defunct bonus that I never really meant to reference. What I'm saying is that the Titans are devoting too much of their CAP allotment at QB... an ageing, at times ineffective one at that... That's what I'm trying to get at...

2. TinyTitan

TinyTitan Guest

Re

I voted to keep McNair. I think he has a good 2 years left in him, but I expect that next season may be his last as a Titan. I know you don't won't to go back to the money issue, but a large portion of the $26.8 million (I actually thought it was closer to $24 or $25) is not tied to this season. It is money that was prorated over the life of his contract, so even if he is released, we would still have to pay that chunk. Just a tidbit. Overall, I would like to see us keep McNair for another year or two and let our new drafted qb (please let us draft a qb) work and learn from him.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

let McNair go, let Volek start this yr, let us draft the QB of the future (praying it isn't Young) to sit, watch and learn this yr

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Was there just a TT sighting?

Welcome back, stranger. ;)

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What do we call the last two years then?:suspect:

you can bank that.
    I'd love to go back to the relevent money issues. I'd like to wrap my mind around that. In a scenario when you have a Billy Volek starting with a Matt Leinart backing him up... In your pocket you actually got a 4th round pick in a McNair trade... Let's just say Baltimore got McNair. How many FA's can you add over two years? What if McNair just sucks next year? How would that feel?
    It's 10+ million right now. I think that is if he is cut. If he was dealt somehow we'd never have to pay him any of that and the sky would be the limit. That would be amazing. This organization is run by a bunch of liars. They don't have an ounch of faith in Billy Volek. Richard Simmons will work in the BSP training room before Billy Volek is even an interim-starter. I don't think anyone even thinks about talking to McNair. McNairs contract is bigger than Peyton Mannings ego.
    me too. :))

6. titanjay

titanjay Guest

What do you have against Young? And what kind of mentor would Volek be? That would be a mistake.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think Young is overrated, he is a runner and we have seen with McNair what happens when your QB runs the ball. If his test score is as bad as they say can he grasp Chow's offense, maybe he can maybe he can't. I would take either Leinart or Cutler over Young.

What kind of mentor would McNair be? Has Mcnair mentored Volek? I don't know, do you?
    What got me about McNair is that he talked about no connections with the WR's but yet he missed most practices..how is that mentoring when you try to shift the blame to them.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It sounds like SEC's really soured on the whole McNair issue? I've been upset about him not practicing for a long time now, he hurts the team more than he helps it, especially since the recievers were so young, they really needed him and he let them down.

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar