Can you imagine if we had a good HC?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We have Cassel with years of experience and you are not going to get anyone better than Tanney in the 2nd round. Of course, we will never know if either can play because that is not the way it works. It (sadly) takes an injury for a QB to get a chance. You think Brady (6th rounder) would have ever been given a chance if not for an injury?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

True...but I am not sold on Cassel if he goes down...and QB's are a premium in the NFL....Yes...Yes I do. I wouldn't have a problem if we drafted one who was damn good and had to unload he or Mariota.....It is what it is. I like Mariota personally and I think he will be fine, but in this league....you need 2 capable guys.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Not every QB who has never played is the next Brady. In fact, hardly any are.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hated the Mularkey hire, mostly because of our usual weak azz lazy search. I dislike the hire less now because Mularkey is a likable person. He's in a really bad spot and he's done an admirable job of putting something together that at least shows hope. He's not a world beater but he's fulfilling his role as stop gap rebuilder respectably. This team isn't going anywhere this year because of our D and MM8s turnovers. Probably won't make playoffs next year either because we'all have to get our D rookies educated. I can accept that because my interest has waned to an all time low. I care so little I don't even get mad any more.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Titans on 2: Not much to talk about. He did agree the defense was really bad at tackling and of course we have that fixed....lol. We brought Luellen up and sent Riggs down to make room. Henry will probably miss a week. Murlakey said Henry was going to be used a lot last Sunday, but the injury messed that up. What a shame. They showed the "hold" on Searcy....another BS call. He chucked the guy with two hands at the LOS and then let go. The guy fell on his face and got the call. Mularkey said he would probably get fined, but he was unhappy about the entire drive with 3 penalties that kept it alive. Not much to say about MM fumbling. Viewer asked about running the "no huddle" but as many of us suspected, we don't use it because it takes very little time off the clock and we are trying to protect the defense (his words). So they know what we know - our D really sucks and we have problems. Saw MM fumble again, and it appeared he got hit in the head on the tackle and coughed it up. Maybe it surprised him. Nothing else important. Ben Jones was the guest. Nice guy, and he gave Grimm a lot of props and said he was a very good coach.

#45 GrayGhost1951, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Riverman

Thanks for the run down. good review.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Anytime. And oh yeah, they showed Byard - he had a good game. Shot the gap at the goal line and dropped Gordon. He's a keeper.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Riverman

Definitely! He's badazz. Great motor and always around the ball. I'm looking forward to seeing him play more.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It was just an example of how things work. I am not saying anyone we have is the next Brady.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So we getting a new coach yet?

These winning old bastards are just the worst.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar