Can you really trade Volek to the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think Collins did cost us the Jets game. But there's no way to prove it.

2. It's entirely possible, I just don't think so personally.

I think during and after that game, Collins got caught up in what ESPN would probably call a "trailer-park frenzy". He got much more blame from the fans than he deserved (not that he didn't deserve any, obviously). In fact, it ironically reminded me of McNair's first start in the same stadium.

3. I don't see why everyone thinks Volek is so good. Can someone please tell me what he does well other than throw a nice deep ball?

As for Collins' career, it's not great but he's proven to be a capable starter. That's a lot more than Volek can say.

4. Hoffa

You don't have to be good to be better than a 1.3 QB rating.

5. Very true. Collins completely sucked yesterday. But they weren't going to win with Volek at QB, either...

6. Hoffa

Then why didn't they save Collins' 2 million dollar hit and just start Matt Mauck if we can't win no matter who we start at QB?

I think the QB play resonates throughout the whole team, offense and defense. We have no leadership, no rudder, no team therefore, and no hope.

7. Instead, I believe they will save most of Volek's $1M and get a draft pick by trading him. But we'll have to wait and see if I'm right...

I'm not arguing with you about QB play or leadership. The problem is that I don't believe that Volek was much of a leader, and I've already said he isn't much of a QB. Collins, on the other hand, has a good locker room reputation as a leader (since he dried out, anyway) and he has proven himself capable of leading a team to 2 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Never said Volek was "so good". I think he had done enough to deserve his shot as a starter here.

Volek hasn't been given the chance to show what he can do as a long term starter. How is there a fair comparison? That's the problem, this is not cut and dry.

But what does Collins offer? Experience? We've got plenty of experienced, and still bad players. What exactly is capable? He's been below average at everything. What does he do well?

There is one thing that looks like is in Collins favor....he's more durable.

9. The coaching staff has seen a lot more of Volek than we have, so if they don't think he can handle it then I'll take their word for it. But I pretty much figured that on my own just watching him...

10. both collins and volek arent great, vince is a future HOF end of discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar