Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Can you really trade Volek to the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    I think Collins did cost us the Jets game. But there's no way to prove it.
  2. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    It's entirely possible, I just don't think so personally.

I think during and after that game, Collins got caught up in what ESPN would probably call a "trailer-park frenzy". He got much more blame from the fans than he deserved (not that he didn't deserve any, obviously). In fact, it ironically reminded me of McNair's first start in the same stadium.
  3. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I don't see why everyone thinks Volek is so good. Can someone please tell me what he does well other than throw a nice deep ball?

As for Collins' career, it's not great but he's proven to be a capable starter. That's a lot more than Volek can say.
  4. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    You don't have to be good to be better than a 1.3 QB rating.
  5. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Very true. Collins completely sucked yesterday. But they weren't going to win with Volek at QB, either...
  6. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    Then why didn't they save Collins' 2 million dollar hit and just start Matt Mauck if we can't win no matter who we start at QB?

I think the QB play resonates throughout the whole team, offense and defense. We have no leadership, no rudder, no team therefore, and no hope.
  7. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Instead, I believe they will save most of Volek's $1M and get a draft pick by trading him. But we'll have to wait and see if I'm right...

I'm not arguing with you about QB play or leadership. The problem is that I don't believe that Volek was much of a leader, and I've already said he isn't much of a QB. Collins, on the other hand, has a good locker room reputation as a leader (since he dried out, anyway) and he has proven himself capable of leading a team to 2 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl.
  8. Bobo Guest

Never said Volek was "so good". I think he had done enough to deserve his shot as a starter here.

Volek hasn't been given the chance to show what he can do as a long term starter. How is there a fair comparison? That's the problem, this is not cut and dry.

But what does Collins offer? Experience? We've got plenty of experienced, and still bad players. What exactly is capable? He's been below average at everything. What does he do well?

There is one thing that looks like is in Collins favor....he's more durable.
  9. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    The coaching staff has seen a lot more of Volek than we have, so if they don't think he can handle it then I'll take their word for it. But I pretty much figured that on my own just watching him...
  10. TitanKid4Life Guest

both collins and volek arent great, vince is a future HOF end of discussion
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.