Can you really trade Volek to the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not that the issue matters:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2593817

Now, in regards to Collins, his past doesn't mean squat. He is having balls batted down, throws off the mark, and is having communication problems. The most concerning thing is he had a week to work some of this out but actually looked worse yesterday.

Until we something different, there is no denying that Collins SUCKS! He has brought NOTHING to the offense- no leadership, no poise, no TD's, no statistic of any kind except 4 INT's. There is no legimate defense of him as a starter SK- I'm shocked you would reference his past. He has been criticized while QB'ing for other franchises for his inconsistency- well, I'll give you that- he has CONSISTENTLY SUCKED in two-tone blue.

We're stuck with him until Fish pulls the trigger on Young. I feel bad for Fish on this one- he clearly steered the team in the wrong direction and now with BV packing to go to San Diego- he has no way to correctly steer the team in the right direction with the QB issue.

So, here's to Collins and Fisher.:toast: Good luck to both of you. Collins- get some sleep. The only way for Fish to keep his job is for you to get the offense moving. Try the pump fake and look off a receiver occasionally.

2. Well, I'd say that the trade issue certainly matters. It's just like I said. They were keeping Volek safe in bubble-wrap until they could trade him to SD. So he wasn't an option to start.

It's funny that people don't even read my posts after they see the words Kerry Collins. It's as if people think I'm somehow holding him up as our new savior. I keep saying that he's not that great but that at least he's proven himself a capable starter (under normal circumstances). All I've said is that he's preferable to Volek, all things being equal...

As for his play so far, I fully expect him to avoid any more performances like against the Chargers. He's never going to be great but he will be able to hold down the fort until the calvary (aka Vince Young) arrives...

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

SK, prior to week one I was totally on board with your logic there. Collins is horrible though. He's worse than I ever thought he would be. It might be time to revisit whether or not Volek could be better. It's hard to believe that Volek could be worse, despite my negative impression of his preseason work.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So basically SK, you're saying a 6th round pick is worth tanking our season? I seriously question your value chart...

And there's only a handful of people in this world who think Collins has had a "solid" career, you and the Titans coaching staff/FO, everybody else, from average fan to sportswriter are in shock that Collins is still on our roster.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Yeah, the notion that they "have" to trade Volek and so we are stuck with KFC is bogus.
    It may well be what happens, but it doesn't make it a good idea.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I seriously question your sanity if you think Volek is a savior.

34,000 passing yards and 174 TDs is a solid career

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Doesn't do any good to 'glorify Collins past', it's his present (or presence) that is killing the Titans.

8. Our season was in the tank before it ever started, and it doesn't matter if it's Volek or Collins.

Anyone with a brain knows that he's has had a solid career. His career numbers aren't hidden away in a vault you know. You don't stick around the NFL as a starting QB for over a decade if you aren't at least solid.

As for why he is still around, it obviously isn't because of his performance so far this season. It's because of the circumstances...

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Come on. What is his career TD;INT ratio?

If he was so damn good, why was he up for grabs?

If you want a metric for the comparative value of Volek versus Collins, who would offer us a sixth fior Collins? If Collins is the better QB, then wouldn't someone jump at the chance to bag him for $2M/year and a sixth?

If his stats prove he is the better QB, then we should be able to get more from trading Collins. We can't.

So, all of this chatter about how the FO and coaching staff somehow magically are correctly valuing KFC while the rest of the NFL has it wrong is highly amusing.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Exactly right.

While Collins career has been nothing short of mediocre, he's managed to put together a lengthy NFL career as a starting quarterback. While BV has proven to be nothing other than a back-up quarkerback who is capable of spot starting on short notice.

BV will never be a #1 quarterback in the NFL. It's time to move on.

Let's get something for him. Use KC until Vince is ready. And, move on with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar