Cancers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Listening to 104.5 in Nashville, I keep hearing Pollard run around the bush about several "cancers" in the locker room. He doesn't name names but as much as I listen to that station, I've heard this a couple of times when they talk to him.

Tennessean, 12-2713, Pollard says, "I do want to come back, but some things have to be done right for me to be here." Is he talking about the "Cancers", or, money/contract? The author of the story, John Glennon, suggests the comments were made towards Munch. Then Pollard says, "I love coach Munch, but all around, things need to be done correctly for us to be successful." Hummmm. Several on 104.5, and myself, believe that the 'Cancers' might be Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt. It sounds like Pollard wants to move on if things don't change. I'm just as disillusioned about our team as anyone, I'm burning out as a fan. It's no longer 'fun'. I'm not alone, you can score FREE tickets this coming Sunday and get good seats, just like the last home game. They bring in all these players, spend millions, looks great on paper and get zero production. Is it the 'Cancers' or coaching staff, or, Webster? Or all three!!??
    Chris Johnson. Tennesean 12-27-13, "I CAN PLAY, BUT WANT PAY". Chris says that he's, "still one of the most dynamic PLAYMAKERS in the NFL". You're a PLAYMAKER? Really? States, "He won't take a pay cut in order to return." (scheduled to make 8 million next year after making 10 million this year)
    CJ has one 100 yard game this year. He states, "I have taken so many hits since I first got into the league, but I can still run in the 4.2s, and I don't know many guys 6 years in at RB who can say that." CJ can still run in the 4.2s, maybe naked and down hill, I've seen too many LBs catch up to him the last couple years. With CJs production, we can get more for our money next year by allowing CJ to take his 4.2 speed and his desire for money some place else. And it might cure that 'Cancer' problem.​

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's probably talking about that under ground sex operation Chris Johnson has going.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

All speculation but I'm guessing he has been very unimpressed with the overall coaching staff, HC through the assistants, and probably with some of the prima dona me-first players which I think would include CJ and Britt. Maybe Hunter too.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If there's a cancer on the team, it's probably Britt?

Anybody see the tweet he had on xmas eve? He was complaining that he had to come to work.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

zombies.jpg

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Ahh back to the good ol' witch hunt.... I don't think there are any specific cancers on the team (and I especially doubt Britt who by all accounts have been a pro about the situation). When Pollard mentions that things need to be done correctly, it can be anything from game planning, schedule and structure of practices, the food they get, to players being lazy, we just can't know unless somebody asks him.

I think the problem is there isn't a winning culture on the team. They don't go out expecting to win, rather they worry about not losing. Bu that's just a guess on my part.

And as for Pollard saying he loves Munchak, I don't doubt that's true, but that does not necessarily mean he agrees with what Munchak is doing. In fact I'm sure Munchak is a really nice guy and a great personality that the players like, but that could very well be separate from liking what he does.

8. fitantitans

I'm still trying to figure out how CJ assumes that he's a playmaker. His speed was his calling card, without the speed, he's falling short of potential.
    Would any team be interested at and with his present contract?

9. fitantitans

When 104.5 interviewed Pollard and he made those statements, he was very careful about how he worded things. In fact, he stopped several times saying, 'how can I word this right' before completing the statements. But he did say, earlier, that there were cancers in the locker room. When they asked for names, he changed the direction of the interview.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Anywhere you can hear this interview? And I find it odd that Pollard supposedly is complaining about cancers, as a veteran leader HE should be the one to sort those cancers out, not complain about it to the media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar