Can't forget about pass rush...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Watching those 2 games yesterday once again pointed out that defense wins in the post season. Most teams when they make it to the playoffs have good QBs. The best way to disrupt a good QB is with the pass rush. We need to not forget to continue to try and improve our pass rush this offseason. Tons of talk about fixing the back half of our defense which is obvious. But lets not forget how a devastating pass rush can impact the game. Morgan and Orakpo put up solid numbers this yr, but they are both getting older and are signed through 2018. FYI Casey is signed through 2018 as well. I feel we were very fortunate that both Morgan and Orakpo stayed healthy this yr.

The FA class of rushers looks pretty solid...I'm sure they won't all hit the market but JPP, Sheard, Nick Perry, Erik Walden, Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins

In terms of positions that are worthy of top #5 picks, almost every GM would say QB, OT, and pass rushers are what you would like to get if you have a pick that high.

Keep improving the pass rush and our secondary gets better as well.

2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Chandler Jones would be wish list number 1 for me. Jamie Collins number 2. JPP 3

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I can't imagine we'd sign a pass rusher when we already have 2 above average starters. Invest $ elsewhere where we need starters.. but def would get behind drafting some pass rush help.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Jones is staying in Arizona unfortunately. Arians already came out and said they would tag him if a deal couldn't be worked out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans finished #6 in sacks with 40. Imagine that number if they could have covered someone.

Fix the secondary. Find a ILB who is solid enough to stay on the field for three downs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Hard to imagine us spending a lot of money for a #3 option at OLB. Thats a lot of cash for a backup. Pass rushers get hella paid in FA

Although we were rumored to have wanted Oliver Vernon last year right?

Anyways the #5 pick on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised to see us go pass rusher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Imagine how good our pass rush could be with a competent set of CBs covering...

8. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Man, IF M.Garrett is there at 5...be hard to pass on him.

9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Just want to make it clear, that I do agree with upgrading the secondary.

10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Garrett wont be there unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar