Cap room status?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, about $1.5M. But we hardly need the cap room...

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I heard Paul Kuharsky (sp?) on the Wakeup zone this morning, and he thought the Titans would have three to four Million bucks in cap space left. It also sounded like he thought the two most likely to get cut/be asked to take a paycut were Pillar and Sirmon. He said it as a response to a question I think. Anyway my point is that he seemed to think there was a good chance that one or both of those players could be released during the preseason.

3. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

looking forward to next season....

4. smili

smili Starter

Disagree totally. The team had taken action to replace him at OLB and rather than wait to be cut he was trying to get the ball rolling before other teams filled their rosters. (Don't forget the Godfrey thing was probably on his mind too). He had good reason to think he was on the chopping block.

We just signed Thornton to a big deal. He's going to start no doubt.
    Bulluck (with a U:lol: ) is going to start.
    There are your two OLB starters.

We drafted several more LB, and were looking at the veteran MLB from the Giants (Griesen?).

He was looking at his contract and at where he possibly fit in the picture. He didn't see MLB as his position, and knows it's a downgraded position in Titan D anyhow.

I'm glad they're probably working things out, and Sirmon now understands his expected role (albeit likely reduced). I'm hoping his knee is back and he's back to his old pre-injury self.

If the secondary can hold up, I'm thinking this year's D should be greatly improved.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I won't go as harsh as GoT here but Sirmon was paid pretty well in '04 when he sat on the sidelines with his injury and the Titans got nothing in return.

Like everything else, this stuff cuts both ways.

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

if i had to choose, i'd rather cut pillar than sirmon...

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't think that if we cut Pillar or Sirmon that our record would be any different at the end of the yr. Personally I think that Bell is better than Pillar and in our defensive scheme the MLB is a part time position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar